24 inch monitor for gaming?

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a big monitor to play games on, as they have come down in price so much recently.

However, I've heard that there are issues with response times on larger monitors? I'm I correct in thinking that if a monitor says it has a 5ms response time or lower then it would be ok for gaming (even on a 22" or 24" LCD?).

Reaction score
Well it depends on what game you would be playing, Half Life 2 I presume? (by your signature)

I have a 22in. monitor and I play World of Warcraft and it runs fine, but it all depends on your graphics card as well. A big monitor means you would bew a big graphics card. What kind of graphics card do you have?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got a 22" monitor too (LG L226WTQ LCD) and that has a response time of 2ms - it works fine in gaming. I've just been playing Fallout 3 on it and it looks fantastic :)

If gaming is the main purpose of your monitor then I'd be sure to get one with as low a response time as you can. There are plenty of 2ms 24" monitors out there, so they may be a better choice than a 5ms one.

Reaction score
Try taking a look at the new Dell 24" monitor, we use it at work for CAD jobs and it is the mutts nuts! (that means good ;))

You'd need to be sitting quite far back with a monitor that size when you are gaming though!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
For around £310 (I paid £260 but has gone up in price) you can get a 28" Widescreen monitor from a place called Novatech. I have one and it is great for playing games but then I also have 2X Nvidia GTX 260's running SLI. It's worth the money and the screen is awesome.
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-LCD28D
Wow :eek: That looks like a fantastic montitor - 28"!!! The 3ms response time is no slough either.

Do you have any photos of it in use?

Ask a Question