SOLVED ViewSonic’s VX2250WM-LED 22-Inch (21.5-Inch Vis) Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Monitor

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
ViewSonic released last month a new 22" Widescreen LCD-LED Monitor.

It's selling like crazy around the web through various e-tailers.

Several are selling it for $179.99 with Free Shipping!

This has been getting rave reviews and comments.

Technical Details

• 22-Inch (21.5-Inch Vis.) LED monitor with sleek design and integrated speakers
  • Up to 40% power savings over a regular 22-Inch monitor
  • 1080p Full HD resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio for perfect image reproduction
  • DVI and VGA inputs for diverse connectivity options
  • 100mm x 100mm VESA compliant for wall mount or monitor stands
  • Highest grade panel with the best pixel performance policy in the industry
  • Windows 7 certification
What is a LED monitor?
The term “LED monitor” generally refers to a monitor with a LCD panel and a LED backlight. A typical LCD monitor uses cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) as a light source to illuminate the LCD panel. In an LED backlight monitor, white LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are used as the light source. Environmentally friendly LED backlights provide the following benefits:

• About 40% less power consumption compared to traditional CCFL monitor
  • 10,000,000:1 MEGA Contrast Ratio
  • Environmentally friendly mercury-free backlight
  • Low EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference)
  • Slimmer design
  • Weight reduction
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ordered mine on June 29 and will be getting it on Friday July 2 with Newgg's Free 3 Day UPS Guaranteed Shipping! Woohoo!

My two year old Samsung I'm sending to a friend of mine in California, a retired Gunnery Sargent in the Marine Corps. He has vision problems from all the stuff used in Desert Storm I in '91 and Afghanistan in 2002. He's using a 15" old CRT for now and I'm sure he would really enjoy a 22" Widescreen LCD monitor. His disability checks don't cover much to say the least, so I wanted to help him out. Plus he's my soul brother!

OOOH-RAH! Semper Fi!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered mine on June 29 and will be getting it on Friday July 2 with Newgg's Free 3 Day UPS Guaranteed Shipping! Woohoo!

OOOH-RAH! Semper Fi!
Congrats and happy 4th of July all at the same time! :D

I saw an LED at Best Buy a while back, I like their specs.....COOL! :congrats:
My monitor's not very old so I guess I won't be in the market for a while, but when that changes, maybe there will be more LEDs to choose from. Seems like there's not too many of them around yet.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I'm glad I got mine Tuesday at Newegg. It's now sold out and they've added an $8.99 shipping charge to it too.

Whew! Glad I pulled the trigger on it. Amazon sold of their stock and also Buy.com's stock through Amazon. So did the free shipping with both of those sites too. Amazon still shows the TigerDirect offering but with $11.99 shipping charge.

Everyone else is selling them from around $210 up to $225 dollars plus shipping.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Got my new monitor today! It is soooo nice!

Contrast is excellent, had to tweak the brightness down a little though.

No backlight bleed on black borders, text is much sharper too!

Very thin and lightweight. I'm lovin' it! Now for those 1920 x 1080 HD wallpapers of Eva Mendes and Heidi Klum! :D

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Is 1920 x 1080 the max res?
I think I'll stick with my 23" Samsung @ 2048 x 1152 res. :reddy:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Is 1920 x 1080 the max res?
I think I'll stick with my 23" Samsung @ 2048 x 1152 res. :reddy:
Yes, it is. The text, fonts, colors, graphics and contrast are superior to any CCFL LCD monitor I've yet seen, and I've seen a lot!

Good, why don't you go ahead and "stick" with your Samsung! I love this new ViewSonic!

Plus for $179.99 it is one heck of a buy.

I guess 1" matters to you... LOL! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The inch only matters to the ladies ... I just prefer more elbow room for my toolbar. :lol: