stuck on startup repair

Reaction score
Okay my laptop has suddenly decided to turn on me, every time I turn it on i get directed to startup repair, I get this under the details:
Startup Repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem
under 'advanced options for system recovery and support' the only option is startup repair, which obviously hasn't worked

The f8 options all lead to startup repair too so..
I'm not really concerned with the laptop itself I just need a way of getting all my data off it

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well unless your hard drive is dead then your data is still there.

Insert the W7 DVD and reboot the machine making sure the DVD is first in the boot order. Run a startup repair from the DVD. If your machine came preinstalled and you don't have a W7 DVD then put in the Restore DVD your laptop instructed you to create when you first turned it on. If you skipped that step then you could use another computer to download the W7 ISO and burn it to a DVD. Links to the W7 SP1 ISOs are HERE.

Ask a Question