SOLVED Computer wont boot stuck in startup repair

Reaction score
Ive tried everything i could to fix this but its still stuck in startup repair.
I was in the middle of playing games in facebook when i get this startup repair box pop up on my screen. i let it run thru and it tells me it cant repair it automatically.

this is what it says
problem event name: startuprepairoffline
problem signature01: 6.1.7600.16385
problem signature02: 6.1.7600.16385
problem signature03: unknown
problem signature04 21201036
problem signature05: autofailover
problem signature06: 2
problem signature07: failureduringsetup
os version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
locale id 1033

i ran a psa and it came up with nothing along with a memory test.
itired system restore and also factory restore. Still nothing. I tried a few of the tutorials and none helped. im stuck. any ideas i could try?

Reaction score
I just ran a hardware test and it said this

error code 4400:011a
msg:scsi_0-000_disk_generic_sd/mmc-target not ready

would trying to reinstall windows 7 help? and is it possible to be able to download it onto a disk from my laptop to put on there?

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Probably one of your drives failed. Download this bootable memory diagnostic tests, and run them on boot, you can burn the ISO to a disk and boot it that way:

-http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Unplug your card reader if you have one, or plug in an SD card into the reader, and remove/unplug any external hard drives, and reboot.

Reaction score
I'll try that as soon as my bro gets back with some disks. ty ill let you know if it works

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You should have installation disks though from when you got the computer though shouldn't you? Or did you get it as a factory build with the OS already installed on the machine?

If you run Windows 7, (which is what i'm assuming here since you're on W7Forums) there's an option to create your own system recovery disks, which should be done from a clean install. I didn't make mine, I got them shipped to me because my DVD drive didn't seem to be working correctly, and I had to get that replaced as well.

Reaction score
Everything was already on it when we got it, so we didnt get no disks with it.

Reaction score
So far it says pass complete no errors
still stuck :(

Last edited:

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If it passes around the first 6 or 7 tests then it should be good, I was just curious about your RAM.

Did you follow the second half of my suggestion?

Reaction score
i got a feeling all i need is to reinstall windows 7. Now to figure out how to get one without spending tons of money.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
By card reader I mean that some computers have a card reader outside on the tower somewhere, for SD cards, memory cards, etc. Sorry for the late response

Ask a Question