Repeated BSOD

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

For the last few weeks my PC has been blue screening with a couple of different messages, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I've been through and am pretty sure most if not all of my drivers have been updated, and whilst it has calmed down a little (my pc is actually returning to desktop after the crash now..) it is still occurring occasionally.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached the minidump if someone would be so kind as to attempt an answer..

Thanks

RoJaE

Attachments

Reaction score
How to resolve BSOD

If you are facing BSOD again and again and are not able to solve it. Then Re-installation could fix the issue. But, this may also result in data loss . So, before re-installation , backup your data at some other drive.

Reaction score
Hey, sorry, must have missed this one.

Uninstall AVG in safe mode using this tool:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace it.

-------

Install from my attachment to update this driver:

ASACPI ASACPI.sys Thu Aug 12 22:52:52 2004

-------

Update video card driver:

nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Tue Jul 14 15:54:48 2009

NVIDIA

-------

Update your Saitek driver from their website:

SaiK0728 SaiK0728.sys Fri Jan 18 12:18:30 2008

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

----------

This driver is definitely too old for the wireless adapter. Update it from manufacturer's website or if there is no update, purchase a new adapter:

RT2500 RT2500.sys Thu Jun 01 10:37:56 2006

Attachments

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys, I am still having issues.
I have performed a clean install of W7 since my original post and still getting random BSODs.
Graphics is up to date, and I've made sure I subscribed to new release alerts to keep it fresh and new.
I have removed AVG free, and install MSE as suggested, but still I get BSODs.
(I've used AVG for years and never had a problem until now..)

It's a really bizarre issue, because my PC has been absolutely fine since the installation of W7 a few months ago, and all of a sudden a few weeks ago I start getting these crashes.

I know the RAM is ok, because I have tested it in my friends PC without issue, but this is on my upgrade list anyway.

I had started to think about the wireless card, because that is really quite old, we're talking potentially 8yrs or so.. and I am pretty sure it has the most up to date driver from the manufacturers website.
But today is payday! So hunt I will!
(..and because someone else has advised me to, I have a great excuse to shop!)

I will upgrade the other drivers when I have some time tomorrow.

Thanks again, and I will keep you posted.

Reaction score
Ok, so I updated the ASACPI driver, made sure the graphics driver was up to date, confirmed that AVG was removed and MSE was installed, bought a nice new network card and deleted the older driver, but I couldn't find a more up to date driver to replace the SaiK0728 driver.

Following a couple of reboots, I thought I'd test the PC with good old Warcraft.. within 5 minutes I was greeted with a BSOD complaining that 'the video memory manager has experienced an unexpected fault'..

Powered down, unplugged, opened case, removed-checked-reseated the GTX 260 and it's cables, plugged in, powered up, checked the fans = All fans working correctly.

Now, during the time I had the case open, I also decided to move my RAM from slots A1/B1 to A2/B2, just in case.. Don't know why I even thought to do it..

Once the PC was back up, I started WoW and played for about 30-45mins without any problem at all.. I couldn't test it longer due to other commitments, but I will push it tonight and see if it fails again..

Reaction score
Please check if your hard disk is OK.
I hope there aren't any bad sectors. Otherwise I don't see any other reason behind this issue.

I would suggest you to use some other CD for installing windows 7.
If possible get it from your friend.

All the best

Reaction score
Please check if your hard disk is OK.
I hope there aren't any bad sectors. Otherwise I don't see any other reason behind this issue.

I would suggest you to use some other CD for installing windows 7.
If possible get it from your friend.

All the best
No, there weren't any NTFS file system errors at all.

The cause also has not been because of the DVD he used to install from.

I'm assuming his problems were fixed, as they always post for further help until they are, but thanks for your attempted help anyhow.

Ask a Question