SOLVED HP Laserjet 1010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a super printer but I can't get it to work with Windows 7. Using the installation disk, it gets so far and "rolls back". I contacted HP who said that there is not a driver available but try a Windows Native Printer driver (whatever that is) and gave instructions on how to add a printer and select the 1015 driver. This I did and although I could print a test page, it would not print a document. Then did a Google search and found a recommendation about using a Vista driver and download and use the .ini to install the printer but I now get the message that I need a 64 bit driver whereas the Vista driver downloaded was 32 bit. I am stuck now. Any help/suggestions please?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
That printer is over 6 years old I'm not sure HP will support it past XP

Reaction score
Similar situation here. I have an old Epson ActionLaser 1500 printer (17 years new) in good condition, but it will not work on Windows 7 x64. I realize it is old, but it still works very well and makes excellent copies, although it isn't a color printer.

I also have a Lexmark X1270 inkjet printer that I will most likely need to find a driver for, although I'm not so sure that it will run on Windows 7 either. I really don't use a printer very often, so I haven't gotten around to checking if it is compatible or not.

I agree with TrainableMan that the best solution may be to just buy a new printer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your help and advice - although it is not the outcome I wanted. I do have another printer/scanner but it is no where near as good or economical as my lovely laserjet. Think I will go in a corner and cry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question