No driver for H-P LaserJet 6P

Reaction score
I am trying to install my ancient H-P LaserJet 6P and it doesn't pop up on the list of available Win 7 drivers. I installed a Centronix-to-USB plug and the printer otherwise acts normally. When trying to print, I see the default set to Microsoft XPS Document Writer. How can I set my default printer to H-P LJ 6P, and/or where can I find a compatible driver. I didn't find any printer driver on the driver disk that came with my ASUS computer. Thanks.

--Derick3 :confused:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Try HERE
You need to select W7 32 or 64-bit depending on which OS is installed.

Reaction score
I allowed the computer to select the driver from the Win7 list and felt that it installed properly. However, since posting to the forum, a friend suggested that I purchase a PCI card and use the Centronics-to-Parallel cord, instead of the Centronics-to-USB cord that I had changed over to. Since my new machine doesn't have a parallel port, he suggested that I use the adapter card instead. I have ordered the cable and will report back. Many thanks.

--Derick3

Ask a Question