Compaq NX6325 ACPI HELP!!!

Reaction score
Just got a new laptop (well second hand) and it is supposed to be ACPI compliant.

I cant install windows7 as it says it isn't ACPI compliant on the bios, i cant find anything in the Bios to enable it. It comes up with saying the Bios is not ACPI compatable, i have tried looking in the bios but i cannot find anything.

When XP is installing, you can press F5 to select ACPI but i cant, just STANDARD PC.

In the power management bit in xp there is no opition to turn it on.

Does anyone have a clue how to get it running? Or is the laptop duff?

Have tried what seems everything on google, upgraded, downgraded the bios. In device manager it just has Standard PC with no Options.

The laptop doesnt even think it has a battery in it, even though its running off one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi.

Please tell us exactly which laptop make and model this is. We can then direct you on where to find the latest bios to install for it.

Turn the automatic power management options to on or enabled if any like that exist.

If there is a Plug and Play OS setting in the bios, this should be on or enabled.

Reaction score

HP Compaq nx6325 Notebook PC

That is the right one, i have updated with the latest bios, made no different, downgraded and made no difference. Have tried 3 different bios.

There are no options anywhere on the laptop to turn it on (within Xp), even when installing xp and you can select what type you want, from pressing F5 i cant, its just STANDARD PC with Isomething Chip.

Seems to be a really strange one.

The bios seems very very limited on what you can and cant turn on.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I found this at this page for your laptop model: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...49082&objectID=c00047347#c00047347_EnableACPI

You must DISABLE the computer's APM in the BIOS for ACPI to work properly. (APM = automated power management.)

You may want to read the entire webpage just to be sure. Even though the page mentions about "time settings", it is the only one I could find that mentioned how to set the ACPI settings in your model notebook.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found this at this page for your laptop model: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...49082&objectID=c00047347#c00047347_EnableACPI

You must DISABLE the computer's APM in the BIOS for ACPI to work properly. (APM = automated power management.)

You may want to read the entire webpage just to be sure. Even though the page mentions about "time settings", it is the only one I could find that mentioned how to set the ACPI settings in your model notebook.
Hi, thanks for the page, i read it last night but i cant seem to find anywhere to turn off the "the computer's APM in the BIOS for ACPI to work properly"

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Here's how to change the power settings in your BIOS according to HP:

Try it and see what happens.

Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have any power savings type screens in the bios? That would be rare in my experience.

It is possible because the guy I linked to - I don't think he was making up what he was talking about. I take it at face value that his machine was working well, like he says.

Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have any power savings type screens in the bios? That would be rare in my experience.

It is possible because the guy I linked to - I don't think he was making up what he was talking about. I take it at face value that his machine was working well, like he says.
Yes, there is not a single power saving type screen in the Bios.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Are you trying to do an "Upgrade" install from within Vista? I would not recommend that at all.

You need to do a clean or "custom" install from bootup.

That may be part of your problem.

Reaction score
Are you trying to do an "Upgrade" install from within Vista? I would not recommend that at all.

You need to do a clean or "custom" install from bootup.

That may be part of your problem.
Nope, just trying to do a clean install with either VISTA or 7.

Think this laptop might be screwed. Doesn't seem to think its a laptop.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
You're just giving us bits and pieces of information.

Are you trying to do the clean install from boot-up?

Please give us as much info as possible.

Reaction score
You got nothing to lose by making a USB install key with Windows on it. Then try to install from that. You can Google how to make this USB key. There's many links.

Reaction score
You're just giving us bits and pieces of information.

Are you trying to do the clean install from boot-up?

Please give us as much info as possible.
Sorry, i thought i was was being clear.

I am trying to do a clean install, with either Vista, or 7. Both are coming up with the same error.

Reaction score
You got nothing to lose by making a USB install key with Windows on it. Then try to install from that. You can Google how to make this USB key. There's many links.
I have made one before with XP. Will give it a try, think it will give the same message but will try it.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
You didn't answer my question... are trying to install from boot-up from the DVD drive?

Setting your DVD drive as the "First Boot Device" in the BIOS and then put in the disk and rebooting your computer.

Ask a Question