BSOD. Need help.

Reaction score
Well I keep getting a BSOD. I have attached my error dump. I have tried reinstalling drivers. But I am still not sure what it is. Could you please help and help me fix it? Thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
Well I tried to install SP1. I get this error
Unspecified Error
E_FAIL(0x80004005)

Reaction score
Well computer was clean. I ran the troubleshooter seemed to fix an error. Now I ran the update readiness. It installed a hotfix. But SP1 still fails.

Reaction score
I told you that it will not be safe to install updates to an unstable pc.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Is it safe to install SP 1 on an unstable system
This was posed as a question not a recommendation. As if you were asking Shintaro if he was sure.

True, you don't want to install if it is unstable because of a virus but if it is not infected, and stable enough to install, then it may help. It's possible one of the many specific fixes incorporated in SP1 is one this particular machine needs.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Amaltom61,
If you want to help the user, then research the problem and offer your perspective on the situation rather than spamming a thread with useless comments.

We are here to help people get their computers up and running as quickly and as painlessly, as possible.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I apologize in advance xDooZyy, this is off-topic but it is important ...

Amaltom is from India and so English may not be his native tongue; I also suspect he is a rather young student. I truly believe he is trying to help but he needs to choose his words better. His words often come across rude (impolite) and even arrogant.

All posters in W7forums should remember to treat other posters with respect, even if you disagree with their suggestions or information. Do your best to explain why their suggestion might not be a good idea and why your idea might be better, but do not demean or insult them in the process. We want people to feel good about the help they receive here and confident in the information given and even empowered to use that information to fix their computer. What we do not want is posters, seeking help, to feel unwelcome or belittled in any way. We want this forum to be as welcoming as possible to individuals with W7 questions/problems and a place where experienced users stay around and help educate newer users. Please choose your words carefully to be a positive influence for the forum or you will not be allowed to stay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK. That's fine Trainable. But, here's an update. I still do need help. But I formatted and installed windows clean. Service pack 1 installed perfect. But I still get blue screens. It's only when I am playing games. Could it be overheating? It is liquid cooled if that makes any difference.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you are overclocking your CPU or GPU it is a good idea to set it back to system specs. Make sure your RAM is the proper speed for the board and the timings are correct, then run Memtest86+ to verify the sticks aren't bad because sometimes they come out of the box defective.

And most importantly, post your zipped DMP files here to be evaluated.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Please upload the latest crash dump files to the forum.

Reaction score
Okay here is the dump of the error. And I do not believe my computer is overclocked.

Attachments

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Shintaro! Updating right now. And yeah I do have a subscription. AVG has been kind of weird lately, telling me my subscription isn't genuine when it is.

Shintaro

Reaction score
I suggest that you email them and explain what is going on. Because out-of-date can cause problems.
Is it still updating the virus patterns?

Ask a Question