BSODs possibly caused by Vengeance 2000 7.1 Drivers, need help!

Reaction score
On Tuesday I began experiencing a BSOD, so I tested all my RAM sticks. One ended up being bad so I removed it. Tested the remaining sticks again and they were fine. Had the computer running for two hours last night (without my headset dongle plugged in) and it was fine; no blue screens. I came home today thinking I resolved my BSODs by removing my bad ram, only to find 10 minutes after starting my computer, and as soon as I plugged in the dongle (the extended one) I got another BS that I got a few days ago. I rebooted my system (with it still plugged in) and the computer would have a black screen after the windows logo. So I unplugged it and rebooted again; it came up fine. I'm assuming this blue screen has to do with the driver for the headset. That makes sense, because when I first bought the headset I went to the manufacturer website like the instructions said, to grab the driver and download it. After installing the driver and rebooting, my computer constantly blue screened and boot looped. I had to boot to safe mode and remove the driver for the computer to boot again. So I'm here because after hours of google searching I couldn't find a close enough match to my exact problem, especially since at the same time I happened to be having a failing RAM stick.

So a quick point of what I did:

*Memtested all sticks, removed the bad stick of ram.
*QT Extended test of hardware, everything passed.
*Recently removed the Vengeance headset sofware, (after the reboot that worked)
*I initially tested the ram because of a lock up during playing Don't Starve, then a day later a BS while playing League of Legends

Help would be very appreciated. I will attach the specs of my computer. Please ask me if you need any other information. I'm also attaching info that I think would help.

Edit: Also, this happened on my boyfriend's laptop as well, and it has completely different specs. (blue screening after installing vengeance drivers)
BlueScreenView2-28-2013.PNG

View attachment CurrentBSODs.txt

View attachment Minidump.zip

View attachment SystemInfoForBS.txt

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If the Vengeance headset is new then I would return it. Apparently it has known issues with directx & some games. See HERE

Be sure to uninstall the Vengeance drivers from both computers.

Reaction score
I would return it, if the headset didn't work perfectly fine on my laptop, with the DRIVER UNINSTALLED. When I installed the driver on my laptop I had the same exact results. Constant blue screens until removal of the driver.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So with the driver uninstalled the default W7 drivers allow it to work and you are no longer getting bluescreens?

Reaction score
For the moment it's working with just the reciever on my desktop now. Before the extended dongle caused a blue screen with it just plugged in.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't want hardware that tends to bluescreen my computer. If it happens again I would say you know the most likely cause; best of luck. Hopefully Corsair updates their drivers soon.

Ask a Question