BLUE SCREEN

Reaction score
Whenever I start computer with either charger plugged into usb or the mouse I get the blue screen. It then says dumping files so I just swith off immediately. Anybody any ideas what this can be ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
How to get BSOD assistance.

Also please specify what you mean by a charger? Why would you attach a charger to your USB port? Or is it a powered hub and you are plugging in an A/C wall charger?

Make/model of mouse?

Drivers are a common cause of BSODs and anything that plugs into a USB port for anything more than the 5V power will use a driver. Therefore check for updated drivers for the USB devices.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi by charger I mean battery charger. Mouse is Microsoft Wireless mobile 3500

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I wonder if it is a hardware issue? If the charger/wires are damaged maybe it is shorting out the USB port?

Reaction score
I may have confused you !! The battery charger has its own port and not in the usb ! So whatever the problem is the charger goes into its own port and the mouse in the usb but whenever either is plugged in before start up The blue screen appears

Have you by any chance seen my other post re QTCORE4.dll missing ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What is the make/model of your computer?

So is this a laptop and you mean you plug in the A/C adapter which should power the laptop and charge the on-board battery but if you do it won't boot?

And why would a wireless mouse, plug into a USB port ... or is it a little transmitter that plugs in and that wirelessly connects to the mouse?

If two completely different style connections (A/C power and USB port) with completely different purposes cause the laptop to BSOD then I suspect it is a hardware problem, most likely power. Perhaps you installed a knock-off battery or have a knock-off power adapter; laptops can be quite temperamental when it comes to power.

If you boot the computer without the mouse tranmitter and then, once it is powered up, plug in the mouse transmitter, does it function properly or will it BSOD then?

Ask a Question