Only After A Windows Update Starter Word/Excel exec of hyperlink causes Bluescreen

Reaction score
Hi,

After a few trials and errors procedures, I managed to find out that only after a Windows Update process if I click a Starter Wor or Excel hyperlink causes a crash of the system and display the bluescreen.

How did I figure it out? A few days ago 12/12/17 I found out that my windows update was not working, according to the update list this issue has been happening from 30/11/17 (attached the update list) , so I fixed and then updated.
After that I open a spreadsheet that I daily use with hyperlinks, I clicked on one of them and then my system did crash displaying the bluescreen with the technical message error 0x00000019
I reboot in safe mode, then I open a blank ms word doc and I created a hyperlink, I executed and again the system collapsed with the same bluescreen and error.

Then I restored my OS from my monthly backup, in this case,date 1/12/17, this backup has the windows update not working, the original issue as per my mention above. I open my spreadsheet and I executed the same hyperlink as above description, this time I had no problems. So right now I have my system with the Windows Update not working at all, missing updates from 1/12/17 up to today.

Due to the error 0x00000019 I ran a full diagnostic of the OS, no error whatsoever was found.

Is there anybody that can come up with a solution to this odd issue?

Thanks in advance

Windows Update Installed at 30-11-2017.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

For some odd reason since the 14-12-2017 every time I execute a hyperlink in starter 2010 Word or Excel cause a bluescreen and crash of the system, rebooting and displaying the safe mode, the bluescreen is all about error STOP 0x00000019, I ran a full diagnostic finding that memory and storage facilities are 100%

I did some trial and error procedures, such as restoring my OS from my last monthly backup, 1-12-2017 which I knew my system was working fine, I work with excel and word documents all the time, using hyperlinks often. After restoring the OS, excel and word were working fine until suddenly the issue of executing hyperlink starts again. Also I restored my OS, then clean my register as well. Also I restored my OS and ran Windows Update., , I repaired and reinstalled Starter 2010,. not matter what i do , the hyperlink issue is recurrent.

Is there anybody that has a clue of what is going on? , Any instruction to tweak my system?

Thanks in advance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The most likely situation is that one of the updates is a new driver that isn't quite right & when you install it your system becomes unstable. First restore your system to 1/12/17 & then when it boots up fresh, Go to Settings > Windows Updates & go to the advanced settings & turn off "give me recommended updates the same as required updates".

Then have it run the rest of the updates & if the problem does not reappear then force create a restore point so you have one. Just understand that going forward any driver updates would have to be installed manually. If you are so inclined you could then use Windows Update to install the "recommended drivers" one at a time, rebooting & testing for the system crash after each until one finally causes the system to crash. You would then restore to your forced restore point & then run windows update & right-click on the problem driver and set it to HIDE. After all the working drivers are installed it would be a good idea to force create yet another restore point.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The most likely situation is that one of the updates is a new driver that isn't quite right & when you install it your system becomes unstable. First restore your system to 1/12/17 & then when it boots up fresh, Go to Settings > Windows Updates & go to the advanced settings & turn off "give me recommended updates the same as required updates".

Then have it run the rest of the updates & if the problem does not reappear then force create a restore point so you have one. Just understand that going forward any driver updates would have to be installed manually. If you are so inclined you could then use Windows Update to install the "recommended drivers" one at a time, rebooting & testing for the system crash after each until one finally causes the system to crash. You would then restore to your forced restore point & then run windows update & right-click on the problem driver and set it to HIDE. After all the working drivers are installed it would be a good idea to force create yet another restore point.
Hi, thank you so much for your reply, unfortunately, the issue is more complicated, After leaving my system with the version restored from my monthly backup where Windows Update was not working, out of the blue again clicking on the link caused crashing the system and same blue screen, hence i was forced to post a new thread scrapping Windows Update as the trigger of the problem. I did further tests, such as reinstalling MS starter 2010, clear register, full diagnostic, etc. , this is so odd...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, I figured the updates reinstalled & that is why it came back. If the computer is back to January's setup or to a fresh starter install & it still bluescreens then you would need to evaluate the DMPs, but based on all you tried I suspect it may turn out to be some hardware failure

Reaction score
Hi, as I said, I was running my system with no Windows Update fixed, and after a few hours, the issue with the hyperlink started to crash my system, meaning that there was a period that the hyperlink was ok, I could execute it without any issue, then boom, catastrophy again, so that is why it is not possible that any post windows update has any impact on this problem, also I ran a full diagnostic of the system, memory as storage devices, all good, 100 % fine. cleaned the register as well. This is so ODD !!, I've got the feeling that the process that executes the hyperlink from MS Starter 2010 gets somehow corrupted, if have to believe if I reinstall MS Starter 2010 again should sort the issue, however, I did it but the issue persists, so has to be something connected with windows 7, but what ?, might be an instruction, routine or ......?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Make sure minidumps are on so when it crashes you can read the DMPs & get it analyzed.

Ask a Question