Your Favoured Search Engines

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd never heard of WebFetch or lxquick, I'll give those a shot now.

I use Google almost exclusively, but I'm starting to try Bing now and again.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I am quite satisfied with Google.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I strictly use Ixquick because it does not record the IP address.

Read more about it at: http://us2.ixquick.com/eng/protect-privacy.html

Ixquick's position:

You have a right to privacy.
Your search data should never fall into the wrong hands.
The only real solution is quickly deleting your data or not storing them to begin with.
In June 2006 we started to delete our users' privacy data within 48 hrs.
As of January 2009 we do not even record our users' IP addresses at all anymore.
We are the first and only search engine to do so.
Our initiative is receiving an overwhelmingly positive response!

Ix
quick will wholeheartedly continue on its mission to offer you great search results in the best possible privacy!

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
My search data is explosive in the wrong hands.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I use Bing & lxquick, suggested to me by Nibiru2012. Your browsing history is not kept with lxquick. It is a tab slower, but what's a second or two. Bing is my second choice. Screw Google. They are about to pull out of one of those Far East countries due to censorship and spying, and who are they to accuse one of these issues. You have no privacy whatsoever with Google. Don't believe me, just look up your screen name on Google and you'll find hundreds of forum posts that you thought was confidential. They are equally as guilty in my opinion.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I think time has passed Jeeves by.

Reaction score
For as long as I can remember now my favourite three have been Google, Google and Google.:ciao:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm not sure i have just looked at ASK and its a lot different today.
The authors of a lot of these free downloads tries to get you to install an Ask toolbar. I never accept. Back when I had Opera 9, I had it and didn't like it. So, I stuck with Google for a while, then Bing (another great Microsoft 2009 release) came along, and I went for it. It's a decent search engine, but still lxquick wins over privacy issues.

Reaction score
I can not express how much I hate toolbars being added to my browser. Anytime I slip and have to uninstall a toolbar. From that point on I will generally not use their products. If I wanted the toolbars I would search for them and add them.

There is no need in me telling anyone which toolbars usually try to make their way to your browser. For every toolbar there is less webpage visible. My dislike for toolbars has been a magor influence against using some search engines.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I can not express how much I hate toolbars being added to my browser. Anytime I slip and have to uninstall a toolbar. From that point on I will generally not use their products. If I wanted the toolbars I would search for them and add them.

There is no need in me telling anyone which toolbars usually try to make their way to your browser. For every toolbar there is less webpage visible. My dislike for toolbars has been a magor influence against using some search engines.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I hate them too.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
My main 3 in order of use is:
1)Google
2)Yahoo
3)Bing

But the ixQuick is looking pretty interesting, I think I'll give it a try. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I can't stand them. I have one for quick links, but that's the max. All that "toolbars" do is clutter up and take away your screen. And I don't have the room on my computer desk for a 32 inch screen to accommodate several of them. As Clifford stated, if I wanted the toolbars, I'd search for them myself. The same applies to the drop down list of search engines. If I don't want it, I delete it.

Ask a Question