Wmp 12

Reaction score
I was curious as per the functionality of WMP 12. As it stands it appears that I cannot make a toolbar to skip, pause, tell me the name of the songs when I skip (most important for me since I use my keyboard to skip) like in previous versions. Has anyone found a way to get this functionality back? I may have overlooked something here, but any help would be nice. :)

Reaction score
I was curious as per the functionality of WMP 12. As it stands it appears that I cannot make a toolbar to skip, pause, tell me the name of the songs when I skip (most important for me since I use my keyboard to skip) like in previous versions. Has anyone found a way to get this functionality back? I may have overlooked something here, but any help would be nice. :)
I could not get what you exactly meant here, do you want to pause a song or skip a song while playing to a next or previous song using keyboard? U can easily do that in WMP 12 with pressing 'Spacebar' to pause/play songs, Control+F to skip to next song and Control+B to skip to previous song. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Ah sorry for not being exact enough. I mainly use the quick keys on my keyboard. I have a next, back, pause, and stop button on my keyboard. This works fine in WMP 12, no complaints there. When doing it in WMP 11 with the toolbar active, It would pop up giving me the song title, artist, etc. conveniently for me (as I have a large library that I am always sifting through, on shuffle). This functionality is missing in version 12. I can mouse over the icon in the task manager, but it will only show a preview it had cached from the last time I had the window open. Had it been updated anyways, the text was too small to read.

I've been searching the net and it is difficult finding many people commenting on the W7 experiences with WMP 12. Darn beta software.

Reaction score
I want this functionality back too :( but can't find anyway to bring it back

Reaction score
Right click on the Taskbar, go to Toolbars, and Windows Media Player should still be there.

I'm on Windows Vista right now so I can't check myself, but I'm fairly sure this wasn't removed.

If it was then, that sucks. =/

Reaction score
I'm a WinAmp/KMP fan, and that said I suppose I spent more time learning these 2 programs than investing the time in WMP. My friends are good with it but I've made too many coffee coasters out of CDs and DVDs to get into it any further. There's so much free programming out there to try.

Reaction score
I'm a WinAmp/KMP fan, and that said I suppose I spent more time learning these 2 programs than investing the time in WMP. My friends are good with it but I've made too many coffee coasters out of CDs and DVDs to get into it any further. There's so much free programming out there to try.
Last I checked, Windows Media Player was a free program as well.

Ask a Question