WMP12 treats my videos as Fullscreen not Widescreen

Reaction score
Guys, I record with WMC, convert to DRMS, and then cut in video redo, however, after my new install, WMplayer plays 16:9 as 4/3, but VLC is fine.....so what do I have to activate to get widescreen playback?

That said, WMplayer will playback files in WS, but not my video redo ones....

Reaction score
I want to add that WMP plays back wtv and drms files in widescreen, but not after I've video redo-ed them....

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is actually a setting stored inside the shell container, for example AVI, which tells it what default screen format to use. See My ConvertXtoDVD example. I suspect that you may have that set incorrectly when you re-encoded your videos.
ConvertXtoDVD-AR-example.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not sure if you can force WMP to a different AR (I ran a search but couldn't find a way). So what you may want to do is check your settings and, most likely, re-encode. Or, of course, use VLC where AR is easily adjusted, as you well know.

Reaction score
Thing is, VLC works fine with my encodes, yet for some reason WMP treats them as 4/3.
Maybe I should try on a video redo forum.....cause WMP does playback 16/9 as 16/9, but not if I video redo....that said, this is a new install, and it was working perfectly last time, so it's not like my combo should be a problem, there must be a setting somewhere I need to check or uncheck....

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you go to View and select Now Playing, then right-click in the new window and pick Enhancements ... Video Settings, then click Select Video Zoom Settings ... there are two options there you could try: "Fit video to player on resize" and "Fit player to video". On mine both of those options are checked.

Reaction score
I installed my previous HDD with W7, and looked at both WMP and Vredo and the settings seem the same, however, my older video redo files are also treated as 4/3 by my new WMP, which points the finger at WMP rather than my new version of redo.

Is it possible I'm missing a codec, if so which could it be?

Ask a Question