WindowsUpdate_80244019

Reaction score
Im wondering if Windows 7 DVD has the virus - Is this a download from Microsoft or a torrent site?

Reaction score
Im wondering if Windows 7 DVD has the virus - Is this a download from Microsoft or a torrent site?

Just reading this post

when i was downloading win7 from the technet site ,my anti-virus kept popping up saying it had found a virus, i just clicked to ignore as it was a Microsoft file i thought it would be safe ,i have had no problems with my laptop after the download and installed win7 on to a different computer ,sorry if this is no help to you .

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, that must be it if it was from a torrent site - quite a few have been seeded with trojans in them. You can do a hash check or just download from the MS site.

Reaction score
Ian has a good idea.... download the RC from Microsoft and try again. Torrents are famous for slipping you a mickey....

Reaction score
Hmmm.. the log shows that there was "no action taken" It should say something like quarentined and removed"..... strange? are you sure after the scan that all the stuff malwarebtyes found was selected to be removed? Its not hard to accidently "uncheck" a box.... I suffer from "fat fingers " and always clicking where I dont want lol

did you try the deleting the DNS address using TCP/IP Settings ?

by the way, do you have a router(wireless or not) connected to your modem ?

another brainstorm hit me lol
go to start button > All Programs > Accessories> Command Prompt> Right click on Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator" > type ipconfig /flushdns hit enter

that command purges your DNS Resolver Cache .... might work

sorry for the lengthy post.....
Yep, it says no action taken - you should be able to remove them from within MBAM (click remove selected once the scan is complete). Which anti-virus software are you running, as this should be able to remove it too?
Hi Ian and Brusse,

First of all many thanks for all your help so far, here's the latest on the problem and the answers to your posts.

I've clicked the remove infected files button on malawarebytes restarted pc to finish the task but when i rescan they are still there.

I tried the DNS address deleting that you posted Brusse but they wasn't any in the box to delete.

Yes i have a wireless router connected to modem.

I also tried the ipconfig /flushdns you posted.

I've not put antivirus program on the PC yet because of it being a fresh install of win 7, which Antivirus prog do you recomend?

Mick.

Reaction score
I use Avast Home edition ...seems to work well for me

hmmmm.... I have another idea to try

Since you have a wireless router ,logon to your router's webpage (usually 192.168.1.1 type that in address bar)
you will be prompted for the password you used when you setup your router. Hopefully you changed the default password "admin" to something else when you first used router.

On the setup page scroll down until you see DCHP/DNS options

If you have anything that resembles: 85.255.112.x in any of the DNS Address boxes change the numbers to 0.0.0.0 click save changes at bottom of the setup page. Reboot your ciomputer. You can also reset your router again.
After rebooting computer... run malwarebytes again. Hopefully your pc will show clean.
Restart your pc again... rerun malwarebytes. if all shows ok... try windows update .

here is a link to avast: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

here is a link to avast virus cleaner as well ; http://www.avast.com/eng/down_cleaner.html
Scan your computer with both programs.... avast home edition and avast virus cleaner ..

hope this works this time lol good luck Mick

Last edited:
Reaction score
here is a example of a wireless router webpage.... this one is a Linksys wireless router

notice that all the DNS settings are 0.0.0.0 .....

and please change the default user and password to something that is easy for you to remeber. I read somwhere that these Trojan DNS changers target routers that use the defaults.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
:) Wow its worked, thank you so much! :adore:

I've attached the latest log file from MAMB its all clear now. The updates have worked too, i'll try insall msn later got to goto work now.

Thanks again to you and Ian i wouldn't of done it without both your help. I'm sure i'll have more problems and i'll get back you soon lol.

Mick.

Attachments

Reaction score
Its working fine now thanks. My daughters happy MSN has installed ok too.

Its in the middle of installing 18 updates at the mo including drivers for the sound card.

Mick

Reaction score
its great that everything works now....glad to hear you were finally able to use Windows Update :)