Windows Explorer tooltip. How to select details?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

This week I got to Edit and add into the Windows Explorer tooltips (W7 64b) to show the keywords, but now I forgot from where and what menus I have used to reach it.
I know there is a way without using Regedit that I can select the info I want to show into the tooltip, but I just forgot how to do it via menus.
Does anybody remember it on W7 64b?

Thanks in advance.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Not sure what your question is, but look here, it may be the answer you seek:
open Windows Explorer. Click "Tools" - Folder Options. - View.

Reaction score
Not sure what your question is, but look here, it may be the answer you seek:
open Windows Explorer. Click "Tools" - Folder Options. - View.
Hi Davehc, maybe it is my language barrier. :0) Let me try to explain again.
If you open Windows Explorer and mouse over on an image for example (.jpg) file, it shows a tooltip informing File Type, Taken date, Size, Title, and son on. I got to select from some menu "Select tooltip details" (somethig like that) and I get to mark what items I want to show/hide within this tooltip.

Well, maybe I have dreamed. :0)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with your language M8. Just a difficult question to present. Min only works with some , jpg, for example. I see you have a registry solution on the ghacks page, which may be the only way to extend the possibilities.
But try this:
Open Control Panel, - Folder Options
Click the View tab
Uncheck "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items" option
Click OK

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with your language M8. Just a difficult question to present. Min only works with some , jpg, for example. I see you have a registry solution on the ghacks page, which may be the only way to extend the possibilities.
But try this:
Open Control Panel, - Folder Options
Click the View tab
Uncheck "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items" option
Click OK
I'm sorry, but that isn't what I'm looking for. This suggestions just hides the pop-up (tooltip), I want to keep it showing, and select what I want to show within it.

If I get to remind, if I haven't dreamed, I will post the solution here. Maybe I made some kind of confusion with "Select details..." to this folder. But I was sure I saw other similar way but for tooltip. ;0)

Have a nice weekend.

Ask a Question