SOLVED Windows 7 x64 BSOD On first boot up

Reaction score
Thamk you. I did download this and loaded it, but I think I downloaded the wrong symbol files. I did get some analysis but not the level you were able to provide. I will geep on learning and trying. Thanks again cybercore.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hey Ronsanut, Glad you got sorted.

Here's a good guide to setting up/starting with BSOD analysis.

Once set up, download a few minidumps as they get posted and see if you get the same results as posted. In other words, do some lurking, as I do!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
For Symbol File Path enter SRV*c:\websymbols*ht tp://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols.

Reaction score
If you are still having problems.. This could also be part of the culprit
I see system specs for you that you have
Graphics CardDiamond Radeon 5770 1GBI have the XFX card, But still doesn't matter.. There is a timing issue going on with the Graphics cards and Windows 7 when the card goes from high to low or low to high power states.. It seems to happen randomly and often you won't get a crash dump, it just freezes.. I also had the Ram voltage and timings issue.. That was just half the problem.. Look on majorgeeks websight for ati tray tool, http://majorgeeks.com/ATI_Tray_Tools_d4569.html

This will help. Be conservative with overclocking.. Because you are going to lock it at that clock setting so it doesn't keep going low , high, low, etc power states..
This is going to be even more of an issue with new web browsers using accelerated graphics.. Hope ATI makes a real fix soon!
also, make sure you check your operating system integrity by opening an elevated command prompt.. ie: in search box, type CMD then right click it and run as Administrator.. Type in sfc /scannow system file checker will attempt to fix any bad items and you'll see where it saves a log file. If it cannot fix then think about re-install if windows repair doesn't work.

Ask a Question