windows 7 x32 or x64?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Graphics Card Uninstall (Place your computer on its side so that its inside is exposed and facing upward)

First unplug the cable from your GPU to your Monitor and move the plug to the output of your Motherboard >

Your GPU has a 6 pin power supply you need to unplug that and make sure the cable is safe (not near fans etc)

you will see on your Computer case the GPU is held with a screw >

Unscrew this and at the base of your GPU your Motherboard may have a retaining clip (see red marked on photo) this may need to be pushed to release the GPU, Grasp your video card using your fingertips. Get a hold on as little of the card as possible while still maintaining a firm grip. Gently, but firmly, pull the video card from out of its slot. Video cards tend to be seated quite tightly in their slots. As you pull the card out, you may gently rock it back and forth, but do NOT bend or twist the card itself. Place the newly removed card on a piece of cardboard or a paper towel. Do not let it come into contact with possible sources of static electricity. Handle the card by its edges and do not touch the gold contacts, or any circuitry, on the card.

Before you perform any of the above please download the latest CCC + Drivers for your GPU to your Desktop as you will need them later, here >
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-64bit

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
With all this done and the side back on your Computer (remember to unplug USBs) with 2GB RAM and using Motherboard graphics you are ready to perform a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit (and use full format :)

Reaction score
won't the downloaded files be deleted by the clean install?
and can you guys tell me what I'll need to download? I have no idea about them
and do I need to clean the registry for the new drivers to work after the clean install?

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
:D yes sorry download after or save link to a Flash Drive.

Reaction score
can you guys tell me what I'll need to download? I have no idea about them
and do I need to clean the registry for the new drivers to work after the clean install?

Reaction score
The only thing you will need to setup is the internet connection. Everything else can be downloaded after install.

Please make sure you have your network card drivers before the install.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
After your Computer is ready first boot from your Windows 7 64-bit DVD choose full format when asked (on your screen) Windows 7 will update and install many drivers etc you need after this you can replace RAM and GPU then Windows 7 may install drivers for your GPU but you can uninstall these and then install the latest from the link i posted, ... lets get Windows 7 installed first and you wont need to touch your registry.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Download them to a Flash Drive now and you can then install them after you install Windows 7.

Reaction score
I have done taking out 1 of the rams and taken out my graphics card from the motherboard but there are a few wires connected to it and I don't know how to remove them
there is a word 'PCI-E' at where the wires are connected at
I think it's connected to the power supply?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Does it look like this >

If so thats the GPU power supply (note the little clip) press down on the clip and unplug.

Reaction score
I heard that windows 7 dvd contains both 32 bits and 64 bits but I didn't get the option to choose and I got 32 bits?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
If you got the retail the case holds two DVDs one 32-bit and one 64-bit.

Reaction score
the one I got was distibuted by my school but they didn't say it's 32 bit
well guess it's fate
however I used a 64 bit product key is that a problem?
and big thanks for the help!

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I take it this is a school in the US (i did not know they did that), as to the product key if you were given one DVD did you not get the product key for that DVD ? if not i would ask your school for it.

Reaction score
actually there's quite a few countries doing it
I'm actually from singapore
and they didn't give it we are supposed to get it from the MSDNAA website if you know what it is
I thought the disk contain both 32 bit and 64 bit so i ordered the 64 bit product key the weird thing is that it worked I just activated the windows 7 through the link in the computer properties (wonder if that's a wrong thing to do)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
As its a key you ordered and your Windows has activated i would say its OK, you should be getting updates soon and you can reinstall your GPU and RAM but 32-bit will only see up to 3GB (and remember ESD ;))

Ask a Question