Windows 7 only £30 for UK Students

Reaction score
Tutorial doesn't say where it saves the files to, it hints at where it's supposed to be, but I needed to check. Thanks anyway!

I've saved it my XP drive desktop, as I may purchased a new HD for Win7 that has some space on it. Does the little program delete or alter the files, because I want to keep them as they are so I can back a backup copy of the files un-iso-ed.

And, on my HDD, the folder which my user stuff is in is just called "User", 7 says the same. Should I put "User" as my username in the command line then?

Reaction score
Ahh, now I've got that stupid "We cannot save to this location blah blah blah Bill Gates hates you blah he wants you to have a terrible life" message that other people have had. Turns out my desktop is read only! Can I delete expanded setup, even though all the folders seem to be there, and try again after I've altered the desktops properties?
Edit: and does the "Read-only" box need to be completely empty?
Second edit: emptied the read only box, still the same error!

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my it tutorial says that is OK - Continue.

When you have the expandedSetup folder ( ignore the error message) on your Desktop - Copy it directly to the C drive.

Make sure you have Copied oscdimg.exe into C:\Windows\System32

Your command will be easier that way.

Open an ELEVATED command prompt, and copy and paste ( or type) the following:

Oscdimg.exe –u2 –bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com –h C:\expandedSetup C:\7.iso

Then press Enter.

At the end it will say warning , contains UDF filesystem - that's good, that's what you want.

That's it. In 2 minutes you will have the.iso on the C drive.

Reaction score
Ahh, now I've got that stupid "We cannot save to this location blah blah blah Bill Gates hates you blah he wants you to have a terrible life" message that other people have had. Turns out my desktop is read only! Can I delete expanded setup, even though all the folders seem to be there, and try again after I've altered the desktops properties?
Edit: and does the "Read-only" box need to be completely empty?
Second edit: emptied the read only box, still the same error!

Ignore Bill, hes lying to you. the extended setup is fine. Should be about 3.01GB as a check to see if it did work, which it should.

Reaction score
Ahh, mis-understood the instructions, my fault! Thanks, I assumed the warning meant it hadn't copied all the files.
One final thing: is an elevated command prompt the same as running as an admin?

Reaction score
I've done everything, and osdcimg seems to run fine, ive burnt the iso with ImgBrn, but when I boot to the disc I just get a low res Windows 7 flowery background and my mouse (which I can move). Nothing happens, so I just turned my computer off.

Do you know whats happened?

Reaction score
I've done everything, and osdcimg seems to run fine, ive burnt the iso with ImgBrn, but when I boot to the disc I just get a low res Windows 7 flowery background and my mouse (which I can move). Nothing happens, so I just turned my computer off.

Do you know whats happened?
Probably you didnt give it enough time to boot the installer. Leave it for a bit longer next time, my install didnt full go full res till near the end.

Reaction score
Yes! After five, long, minutes of waiting, it finally decides to do what I paid it to do, and the install screen appears. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Ask a Question