Windows 7 drivers for Intel Chipset

Reaction score
Is it worth installing the Intel Chipset drivers in Windows 7, even though they were made for Vista? I don't know if it would help with a file transfer problem I'm having, because Windows must already know what my chipset is.

Did anyone here bother installing them?

Reaction score
I installed the ones I felt I needed. I definitely had problems before I got the SMBus drivers installed.

Reaction score
im afraid and avoid of installing any system / hardware drivers

now i got open gl busted becoz of video card driver ( driver instalation says that im usin a system diffrent from windows )

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There wouldn't be any harm from installing it - especially if you have poor hard drive performance (as a couple of people here have fixed that by installing the correct chipset drivers).

I've installed them on my PC and they work great. :)

Reaction score
I have 5.9 score for Disk data transfer rate. How much do you have?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Intel Windows Vista x64 chipset drivers aren't terribly compatible with 7. In fact, the installer often goes into an error loop if left to do its thing. I'd give them a wide berth for now.

The SATA/AHCI drivers, on the other hand, work quite nicely, but not if you get them from Intel. I strongly suggest Matrix Storage driver v8.8.0.1009, which is quite a bit ahead of the official Intel release: http://station-drivers.com/page/intel raid.htm

Pardon the popups.

Ask a Question