Windows 7 clean install

Reaction score
THANK YOU, for the help on my previous question!
I now have a hum on what a Clean install about, and that's probably what I'm going to be doing.

However, the software that comes with the laptop I'm buying http://www.computercity.se/Products/Product.aspx?id=2743014, will it be removed after I've removed Vista and installed Windows 7?
Like, theres gonna be some kind of Update program, for example, will that be removed?

The computer's gotta have some basic programs that won't disappear?
I mean, I've never removed an OS and replaced it before.

- A guy in need of (more) answers :p

Reaction score
Everything on the system will be removed if you choose to do a clean installation. It's probably for the best with an off-the-shelf system.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
So uh, everything will be gone?
Yes, all of the software installed on the laptop will be gone except for the new OS.

Nearly all new computers, desktop or laptop, come loaded with lots of software. Most of these are "trial" programs anyway. Most experienced computer users refer to this as "bloatware", since all it does it take up space on the hard drive.

Doing a clean install will give you a much quicker responding system. Then you can install the software that you want to use.

Since you want to do a clean install, check out the step-by-step instructions here.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
But the new OS brings the basic Windows programs right?
Yes! Windows 7 will install ALL the programs that come with it. You'll still need to install stuff like MS Office, anitvirus program and firewall; or an internet security program.

Plus any others you want.

Reaction score
Haha alright then.
Felt weird to be honest if I'd have to do a backup on the basic windows apps and programs..

Reaction score
Save your driver installers first!

Hi,

If you haven't yet had the time to wipe your drives, maybe you should consider backing up the driver installer folder (in case there is such a folder). Otherwise you may find it tricky to be able to locate all the drivers for your hardware. Especially if you find that you are lacking the drivers to the network components, you won't even be able to access the web to download the drivers (kind of a catch 22 situation).

If you are unable to find the drivers on your computer, you might want to download them to a safe location before starting a fresh install.

Tom

Ask a Question