SOLVED Windows 7 cannot be installed to this disk error

Reaction score
Thanks, I haven't tried that, my problems are happening before I get to that point, I'm thinking it's related to the hardware or BIOS.
Following the advice above I have either
1) custom installed W7 from the DVD on the 500GB drive, which then calls itself "C", and gives the error "oxC000000e". (And deson't fit with my existing drive names of C (Vista) and D (XP) on the 250GB drive)
2) the message when attempting a custom install from the DVD on Vista of
"
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.
"
but nothing in my (Phoenix) BIOS that lists disk controllers or enabling them.

Reaction score
You might want to check this thread out. It mentions something about the SATA ports on the motherboard.

https://www.w7forums.com/preliminary-advice-installing-window-7-ssd-t3297.html

Do you have the Windows 7 drive connected to SATA1 or SATA3?
I don't know if it would apply to your motherboard or not.
I'm not sure exactly what they are talking about, I am curious enough to find out though.

Reaction score
Solved.
I have moved the 500GB drive from the SATA3 to the SATA2 connector on the mother board.
It now boots.
The mobo manual give no clue at all on this, nor did the manufacturer's forums. Pretty poor IMHO.

Reaction score
I have found with Windows 7 that its best to remove all hard drives except the one you want to install it on. Windows 7 is a little finicky when it come to this aspect. At least, it was for me.

Try it and see how it works out for you.
Hello, i had the same problem and your simple trick, solved it.
Just wanted to thank you and everyone who has this problem - just try it :)

Ask a Question