Windows 7 Beta now available

Reaction score
geez it's impossible to load the page... too many people trying to download win 7 beta

ok... where is the link?
Giz says yes... my browser says nothing

Last edited:
Reaction score
Will reloading the page below hopefully get me in eventually or do you think I'll need to start over everytime?

Error

The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please check back in the next business day.

Reaction score
ok i'm done... i'll just download the leaked beta... i'm REALLY tired of the shitty microsoft servers...

Reaction score
That's it for Jan 9th, 09

Windows® 7 Beta coming soon!

After 10+ tries.:)

Reaction score
Forgive an old man for being a little slow. I've worked with computers since the mid-60s and with PCs sinch the late 80s, so I'm fairly PC-literate for an old coot. And I've built several PCs myself and installed the OS from CDs', but only up to and including XP Pro. I have a PC with Vista 32 now, but I bought this PC with the OS already loaded. How do I do the beta installation from an ISO file?

When I downloaded the file from the link above, my PC wanted to open it with my Roxio Creator Basic program and after downloading it attempted to write the file to a CD-5 3 times but got errors every time (3 CDs now in the trash can). I formated a CD-RW and copied the ISO file to it and ejected the CD. I reinserted the CD to make sure that the file is on the CD...it is.

Ok, once I get the activation key (if MS ever makes it available) what next? Thanks.

Dale

Reaction score
How do I do the beta installation from an ISO file?

:lol:Dale, you are looking at big .iso file somewhere > 2GB you would need to burn DVD not thimk of CD's any more and stop Roxio from messing around.:ciao:

Forgive an old man for being a little slow. I've worked with computers since the mid-60s and with PCs sinch the late 80s, so I'm fairly PC-literate for an old coot. And I've built several PCs myself and installed the OS from CDs', but only up to and including XP Pro. I have a PC with Vista 32 now, but I bought this PC with the OS already loaded. How do I do the beta installation from an ISO file?

When I downloaded the file from the link above, my PC wanted to open it with my Roxio Creator Basic program and after downloading it attempted to write the file to a CD-5 3 times but got errors every time (3 CDs now in the trash can). I formated a CD-RW and copied the ISO file to it and ejected the CD. I reinserted the CD to make sure that the file is on the CD...it is.

Ok, once I get the activation key (if MS ever makes it available) what next? Thanks.

Dale

Reaction score
:lol:Dale, you are looking at big .iso file somewhere > 2GB you would need to burn DVD not thimk of CD's any more and stop Roxio from messing around.:ciao:
Thanks for the heads up. The file that I downloaded, 7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso, is only 32 mb in size. I am downloading the file now, saving it and ignoring Roxio, and the download indicates that it is 2.4 gb.

Still, I'm not sure how to use the file, but maybe this article will explain all. I haven't read it yet, just scanned the beginning:

https://www.w7forums.com/run-windows-7-virtual-pc-t56.html

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score

Ask a Question