Win Live essentials update

Reaction score
Ok I did it again. I went for this new beta version only to find out it's a fianl...woo hooo. So I downloaded it and ran it. All seems to be working fine execpt for this pop up...once I close the pop up Messenger opens....there rest of the app open and work fine. Here is the popup I get....and I've googled it and nothing remotely comes close to my error popup.

window live error.PNG

Reaction score
Ok I did it again. I went for this new beta version only to find out it's a fianl
I downloaded again from the link dave provided. When Windows Live Essentials Beta started to install I canceled the install.

Do I need to download with a different link to get a newer version?

Attachments

Reaction score
I'm still having refresh issues with the single line message list after selecting show/hide the Ribbon Bar.

I'm thinking the next update will solve this bug. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
If you have File Hippo Update Checker installed, it'll show you all of your programs that needs updating, including optional beta updates.

It can be found at:

http://www.filehippo.com

PS: On the left of the home page, the links for Mail & Writer are there.

Cat

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This is unbelievable! Only one week +/- since the last Beta, and Windows essentials seems to have RTM'd.!! No preamble on the live forums, or to the general public. I am waiting for the other shoe to fall off and they publish their mistake. No fix for the posted bugs, and there are a few.

I am still trying to spot the difference, maybe there will be a prize - lol.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials?os=other

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be honest I have not found any problems whatsoever with it. Maybe I'm lucky.:D

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
To be honest I have not found any problems whatsoever with it. Maybe I'm lucky.:D
For one example, (I need to know!) are you not experiencing the apparent bug that Cliff has referred to?

Reaction score
For one example, (I need to know!) are you not experiencing the apparent bug that Cliff has referred to?
I don't quite know what you mean. As far as I am concerned it is all working fine, and I have no difficulties.:)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have the Windows Live Mail Beta installed, and it seems to be a better program. But unlike the way I did with IE9 beta, I'm not going to proclaim it the best yet.

It does seem to have more useful features, some things (including using a Mail program itself), I need to get used to.

But overall, I haven't had a problem with the beta version of Windows Live Mail. As far as the advanced features goes, I don't use them, therefore I can't verify whether or not a problem is there. The other members has their opinions, and these issues that have been brought up deserves attention.

Hopefully, it'll be a world class Mail service soon.

Cat

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed the Windows Live 2011. I did not uninstall my previous version of any of the Live programs I use (Mail, Messenger, Photos) and as the install was happening, I did notice the words "upgrading" flashing by. After it completed I started each program to make sure everything is working and so far so good. It copied over all my layouts and information so I did not need to reenter any information to get everything to work properly.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This is unbelievable! Only one week +/- since the last Beta, and Windows essentials seems to have RTM'd.!! No preamble on the live forums, or to the general public. I am waiting for the other shoe to fall off and they publish their mistake. No fix for the posted bugs, and there are a few.

This may have slipped the attention of members. This is a later release than my first post. It appears to be a "non" beta.

Reaction score

This may have slipped the attention of members. This is a later release than my first post. It appears to be a "non" beta.
Thanks dave. :)

I think andsome's post may also be the same link.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Thaks Cliff. Yes, I didn't try that link before. It is one and the same.
Investigation does seem to show that this is it - the final release.- They promised, just a short while ago, to deliver on the 30th Sep. So ! They did!

Only problem I have with using it is a personal matter. I send and receive email - full stop. I find the new Live has far too many functions for me.

Reaction score
Only problem I have with using it is a personal matter. I send and receive email - full stop. I find the new Live has far too many functions for me.
:lol: Thats funny because mainly all I use once I have everything setup is the delete key and the send and receive all button. If the message is something I would want to share then I would use the forward button. Occasionally I might want some of the features while creating new messages but this has nothing to do with the main window.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I see through a link I found that you can allegedly install "only what you need". I only need live mail, I want none of the (to me) crappy add-ins. Can anyone confirm this?

Reaction score
I see through a link I found that you can allegedly install "only what you need". I only need live mail, I want none of the (to me) crappy add-ins. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, I only have Windows Live Mail installed as I didn't want anything else. When installing use the custom install not the automatic or you will have everything installed.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
The Windows Live Photo gallery is worth a look at. Nice program.

Ask a Question