Will PC games exist in future?

Reaction score
More and more games seem to be console only now and I'm hoping that this trend doesn't continue to the point where the PC isn't seen as a gaming machine. Surely console games are still developed on PCs, so it would make sense that they always have some high end games available for them?

Do you think we'll need to play games on consoles rather than the PC in future?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi spearace thats something to think about and i will say i hope not, consoles today are very good ... but you cant beat the pure grunt of a high end Computer, i recently rebuilt my gamer (Asus Rampage II Extreme, Intel i7 950, Asus ATI Radeon HD 4890 1024MB - in Crossfire) and its a lot more fun then my 360 :D

Reaction score
I can't imagine PC games will ever go away. Consoles just don't have the horsepower PCs do, and they never will.

Reaction score
I hope they don't go away either, but I do like the attraction of buying a console and be guarenteed that all games will run and look great on it. The problem is the state-of-art hardware at the time of development will be obsolete once the console is on the market for a year.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
And thats the beauty of being able to upgrade the gaming PC :)

Reaction score
Yes consoles are nice BUT they have no modding capabilities. I play Elde scroll IV, Oblivion, with +30 mods installed and consoles won´t ever reach the levels of modding.....The feeling of freedom - to mod your game anyway you wish.

I play Wii once a week and my new Core i5 PC 3 hours a day.

p.s Better PCs attract better games, games attract better PCs, PCs attract....

Ask a Question