Which gagdets do you use?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My desktop is almost empty and I've not taken advantage of the new Windows Gadgets, but I'm just about to have an explore of which ones are available now :)

Which ones do you use at the moment and are there any you'd recommend? :cool:

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Well, I'm not on 7 right now of course but I had one that told me my CPU temps, speeds, etc. Just look around. I'm sure you'll find some you like. :)

Reaction score
The weather one is the one I used the most, then RSS and twitter feeds and the CPU meter. They are almost the same as the ones that come with Vista, and the online gallery seems to work the same.

This article may be worth reading, it covers a few "must have" gadgets.

Reaction score
I cannot stand gadgets. It totally screws with my completely empty desktop.

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I use the CPU/system RAM gauge and a weather gadget from Weatherunderground. That's it for now; I'll probably add an RSS feed or two sson.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I only use the weather gadget, and then only sometimes (I so like a totally empty desktop, lol)

Reaction score
notebook monitor so I know how much my cpu is running
and ram load

calendar

sound gadget

Reaction score
I personaly don't use sidebar gadgets, i use a program called rainmeter and with it i have weather, cpu, ram, rss feed, network traffic, and access to my hard drives and also displayes hard drive status. Rainmeter also offers alot more, these are just a few of the things that i use.

Reaction score
i don't know much about gadget but iwas looking one that would let me scroll i cons so i can take them off my desktop and leave on compact gadget.

Reaction score
Are you really the youtube guy???? i watched some of your videos if so.

Reaction score
I use two:

-Multimeter (does what the name implies)
-Clear Clock (nice simple digital clock, with a transparent background)

I'd use an RSS gadget if I could find one that didn't irritate me.

And, occasionally I use the slide show gadget when I need to have the desktop beautified while I work. ;)

But to be honest, gadgets are still kind heavy on memory for what they do. On my setup anyway, your experience may vary.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
I use the clock, the calendar, a cool little calculator, XP startup/shutdown buttons, and the CPU meter. Very helpful.

Reaction score
i don't know much about gadget but iwas looking one that would let me scroll i cons so i can take them off my desktop and leave on compact gadget.
App laucher is a good gadget i use it

(top left)