Whats the worst PC application you have ever used ?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Windows Vista 64 bit. Noticed that I said 64 bit. The 32 bit version runs fine on a five year old single core notebook that wasn't even made to run it. But the 64 bit version of Vista has to be the sorriest excuse of an OS in modern history, and it's the worst app that I've ever ran. The nearest garbage can is the best place for it.

Reaction score
Noticed that I said 64 bit.
It's compatibility brought it lower in my book than Windows ME - barely any software ran on it, and drivers were about as few and far between as rainstorms in a desert. I expected better of MS....

Reaction score
And I can see the very same thing happening when 128-bit hits the shelf. People will be talking crap about the new OS because it doesn't support anything without giving it time to grow. If you want to jump ahead of the crowd and get the new OS, sure you might see a problem with devices not supporting the OS.

Let is go, vista is a thing of the past.

Reaction score
And it is worth mentioning that Microsoft is not repsonsible for 3rd party drivers. If there were no x64 drivers for a particular piece of hardware, that was 100% the problem and fault of the device manufacturer.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
And it is worth mentioning that Microsoft is not repsonsible for 3rd party drivers. If there were no x64 drivers for a particular piece of hardware, that was 100% the problem and fault of the device manufacturer.

Agree, as Hardware is most of the time way ahead of Software.

Reaction score
Well, Vista x64 was not Microsoft's first 64-bit version of an OS. That was XP Professional x64, and that supported everything I needed it to. Therefore, Microsoft should have put some more thought into support, and bug repair before launching it. Though they did build Vista mostly from scratch...

Ask a Question