SOLVED What does your win 7 THINK youre saying? (Speech Recognition)

Reaction score
Uh... I didn't really understand what this is about. Could you please explain?

Anyway, all I meant by "We know who you are" is that you don't have to post your name and stuff each time you post. It isn't any kind of critisisme.

I'm pretty interested in WSR, but I don't think I'll be able to buy it. I had bought Dragon a long time ago, and the upgrade wasn't too expensive, but I've just gone broke with all my web server stuff, so it'll have to wait. But it sure looks nice :)

umm, lol firecat, windows 7 has speech recognition already included in it . i started this thread as a game as to see what your speech recognition was thinking youre saying. suggesting the other sr software was other peoples ideas.. but why buy when windows gives you one that does well enough? *shrugs*
which is consequentially why i encourage people to get the ultimate version of win7 . its the most complete of them all short of enterprise which is business
( ive got ultimate and am happy i did )

Last edited:

MTM

Reaction score
umm, lol firecat, windows 7 has speech recognition already included in it . i started this thread as a game as to see what your speech recognition was thinking youre saying. suggesting the other sr software was other peoples ideas.. but why buy when windows gives you one that does well enough? *shrugs*
which is consequentially why i encourage people to get the ultimate version of win7 . its the most complete of them all short of enterprise which is business
( ive got ultimate and am happy i did )
We've written a short article to help anyone attain high accuracy quickly. See "Getting Started with Windows Speech Recognition."

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
Microsoft MVP

Reaction score
I like this thread. You know how I found it to work best, word-for-word correct? Do just as we're taught in life; the less fear we have of it being or not being correct, the more correct it becomes ;-)

pi.Boss

Reaction score
This Is Not Free To People With Disabilities

Hmmm????

Microsoft issued us the MVP award for our contributions to Windows Speech Recognition which included the development of the WSRToolkit (now up to version 2). The WSRToolkit adds the most important features found in Dragon (a minimum of $200.00 software) at a ridiculously low cost of $19.99 and FREE to people with verifiable disabilities.

However, you in your wisdom deem my contributions including the article on how to use WSR, as SPAM.

Let me know if you intend to reinstate the links. If not, I'm not wasting my time on this forum with narrow minded thinking rooted in the mentality of the 1990's.

Sincerely,
Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
Microsoft MVP

I WAS EMAILED THIS IN RESPONSE TO ASKING A QUESTION ON EMICROPHONES WEBSITE:
Daniel

Many of the features included in Dragon are provided in WSR through our WSRToolkit. For $25.99 it will definitely improve the dictation experience for this individual (unfortunately we no longer offer it at no cost). We highly recommend getting a noise canceling microphone since this person will be relying solely on the software to control her computer. We can recommend many options, all under $200 and several under $100 so the entire setup will end up costing you less than Dragon.

Please give me a few ideas about what type of microphone you would prefer, ex. headset, desktop, mounted on a wheelchair etc. and I will get back to you will some recommendations.

Matthew, eMicrophones, Inc.

On Aug 30, 2012, at 10:40 AM, "Daniel Hesse" <(e-mail address removed)> wrote:

Name: Daniel Hesse
Company Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone Number: ##########
Email Address: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Request for Information
Message: I am the I.T. Administrator for our organization. We have begun to magae a small town nursing home in Iowa and there is a young resident there that is a quadriplegic. I started working with WSR for the first time 4 days ago. I have managed to receive approval to get a computer for this person to use. Our organization is Not for Profit, and this individual has no money. I tell you this because I am limited in how much I will be allowed to spend, so I need to make sure I get the right software and hardware the first time. Because dragon does not have a trial version I am unable to determine myself which software solution is right. Clearly based on price WSR seems the best choice, but if she gets frustrated and does not use it, then it is a waste. Do I spend 200 on dragon or do I buy a better microphone I am also interested in your offer to provide the wsr toolkit at no cost. Your help is greatly appreciated thank you!

Reaction score
well gee. i didn't intend for you guys to PICK THIS DAMN THING APART!

i POSTED it for simple fun. but i guess NONE of you guys even know the meaning of the word.
haven't any of you guys ever heard of laughing at things like that? has no one here ever heard of COMEDY?? or doing things just for the fun of it??

i didn't post this as a deal for picking apart the speech bit. it was simply a fun thing for everyone that i THOUGHT would go well but apparently didn't. you guys just HAD to take it seriously and pick it apart like everything else. so be it. glad i';m not going to be here anymore. this forums a waste of my time and energy

Ask a Question