Well, I Love It.

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have gone ahead and done a clean install of Windows 7, and I am more than happy that I did so. I have been playing around with it for a few hours now and have only encountered a few issues, which with a quick search were quickly resolved.

It's pretty much a carbon copy of Vista, but with a few tweaks, and I'm loving the glow effect on the taskbar icons, and if the beta version is this quick, then the final release should be very quick.

I would even go as far as to say, I might even pay for this one.

Reaction score
It's the speed of Windows 7 I enjoy too - it would be great if they can improve on this even more for the final release.

It seems quite polished for a Beta, so it will be interesting to see how much changes before the RC versions.

Reaction score
I agree completely. My only complaint thus far is the amount of memory it eats. I'm so used to my neutered XP install that jumping up to this and seeing 40% of my 2gb RAM used is startling. Not a big deal because memory is so cheap now.

But I have definitely experienced quirks that I would expect to be ironed out by release time, like after resuming from sleep all of explorers themes were glitched. Instead of showing a sexy blue at the top of my windows it was specked with random colors. Resolved itself after a reboot but confused me.

Reaction score
I really liked it for the first while but mine seems very buggy. My windows explorer is crashing and being weird. Sometimes I'll click on it and I'll have nothing but an empty white window. It has troubles with folders with large amounts of jpgs in them. It just does a lot of little things. I restart it a few times a day.

Ask a Question