Warning- Please read!

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
One day, I decided I wanted to try the Kaspersky AVP so I downloaded and installed it. It was the worst mistake I've ever made. First of all, during the installation, I had to uninstall AVG. Now, that wasn't the problem. I knew I was probably going to have to. Unfortunately, AVG BSOD'd on me three times until I finally booted to safe mode and uninstalled it. Once Kaspersky was installed, I was littered with TONS of warnings, update managers, and blockers. It took me about half and hour to set the dang thing up and I had to disable "Access Protection" because it blocked every single site I went to. To top the madness, Windows Action Center wanted me to update it, so I clicked the update button. It told me "Update not needed", so I said okay, that works, but Windows didn't it still wanted me to update. What is furthermore, Kaspersky told me that the "Database was out of date". I clicked "Update Databases". "Update not needed". AARRRGGHH!! It also warned me about every stickin' thing I did, so finally, I uninstalled it and am installing the latest AVG as I type. In fact, it's probably done.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got Kaspersky running on one of my Windows 7 machines and it seems to be running fine now. I did get BSODs at first though, but that seems to have sorted itself out.

I hope they get it fixed, as I quite like the Kaspersky Internet Security suite :)

Reaction score
Hello - I used to have N360, awful choice. so i transferred to Kasperkey about 3 weeks ago. and am having the same problems as you. but no BSODS of any sort. i dont mind the warning notices - it tells me KAspersky is doing its jobs. and it got rid of 3 trojans n360 did not detect. and the problem your having about it blocking every site is easily repairable. just untick the web blocker on settings. but i cant update like you said - can anyone help?

Reaction score
kaspersky is great you know, you just need to set its settings to suit you perfectly and it will take good care of your pc. in security performance - according to my experience with local viruses in my country - only bitdefender that stood out to match kaspersky's. bitdefender uses less resource but kaspersky got the prettiest GUI.
after all, I will start to use bitdefender when it come in fully compatible with windows 7.

Reaction score
coz I love the icon, you know, the red orb with whatever-you-call-it decoration on it, it came into my dreams.
childish-mode: ON.

Reaction score
what the hell did you do to get those problems, run the win vista or xp version?
Kaspersky actually has a W7 supporting technical preview (beta), has done before 2009 even started.

http://www.kaspersky.com/windows7
Apparently Kaspersky isn't w7 compatible, because as I also Installed it and had major problems, at first easily rectified... but then the update issue shows up and i run the update, and low and behold it retorts something about the update not needed and then the messages keep popping up as well. I loved it for a long time in prior installs on various versions of windows, But they appear to have dropped the ball on this one!! possibly too early a release without enough testing!! hopefully they will resolve this issue!!

Reaction score
Bottom line - NOD32 or Bitdefender. Or if your Thrax and CRAZY use nothing. :p

Reaction score
Bottom line - NOD32 or Bitdefender. Or if your Thrax and CRAZY use nothing. :p

Well if you knwo hwo to surf and connect on the web and set up your net work you dont need any thing.

When I have my hardware linux based firewall up and runnign I shut off AVG and windows firewall for they are resource hogs.

Reaction score
Well if you knwo hwo to surf and connect on the web and set up your net work you dont need any thing.

When I have my hardware linux based firewall up and runnign I shut off AVG and windows firewall for they are resource hogs.
thats because linux is awesome.

Ask a Question