Wallpapers Bad Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

dax

Reaction score
Why is always all wallpapers I use bad quality?
When I download them, it's perfect.
When I use them, it's like 240p

The only good quality wallpapers are windows 7 wallpapers who are already in the computer.

How do I make the wallpapers quality better?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Make sure the wallpaper you download is at least the same resolution as your display.

For example: say your laptop has a screen resolution of 1440 x 900 pixels, then choose a wallpaper with at least those pixel size. The Desktop Nexus wallpaper site is a great place to get high-resolution wallpapers.

Your computer is a netbook, very limited in hardware and usage. It uses Windows 7 Home Starter edition, which is quite a bit more neutered and the Aero feature is not available on the Starter edition.

dax

Reaction score
I use Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and thanks for the links.

Do I have to install ALL of the drivers ?

My screen resolution is set at 1024x600, so do I need to make the picture at that size?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
To get the best looking picture for your resolution, yes it would be best to trim the pictures to 1024x600.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
When you select a quality image as your desktop, windows converts the image to a jpg file with a pretty high (poor) compression ratio, and renames it to transcodedwallpaper.jpg

A way around this is to save your quality bmp/png image as a jpg file with minimum (zero) compression. Naming your modified image as transcodedwallpaper.jpg and dropping it in the C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes folder. Voila! A quality desktop background.

A longer explanation is available here.

Reactions: Ian

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
ALL of What Drivers??

Actually, wallpapers should be best stored in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

That is where ALL the Windows 7 wallpapers are stored natively by Windows 7.

They may be stored as the following types: jpeg, png, or bmp

dax

Reaction score
I think I have to change the size of the picture for a good quality, do you guys have any ideas on how to?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Check out one or two of the programs listed in our Freeware DB under the section "Image Creators / Photo Editors" (The IrfanView Viewer won't do what you need)

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
The resolution for your Asus Eee PC 1001 is: 1024 x 600 pixels or a 1.71 to 1 ratio.

Just convert the widescreen wallpapers you want to that resolution. A website that has the ability to convert to your screen size is: www.desktopnexus.com

Try this site, it will resize them online for you and it's free: http://www.picresize.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question