SOLVED w7 SP1 Public release

Reaction score
[SOLVED] w7 SP1 Public release

While my choice of installing it so soon was voluntary, someone has to test it in the real world, not just in a lab. Windows 7 itself was released as a beta, many users put it to the test, gave feedback, and helped to make 7 the OS it is today. Today, the same is being done with the future SP1, so that when the final product is released, it will be ready for everyone.

Catilley,
I take my hat off and I give you 10/10 for trying that SP1.If we(end user) doesn't have a go at these types of SP's then Microsoft wouldn't release them for all to test on their computers,sure I am like everyone else What if it ruins my installed copy,well that is the risk,I am HAPPY to risk this against the Improvements it has made.I also noticed this morning another version of MBSA 2.2 installed,its as fast as lightning & it has some improvements also.Results were great I even sent a copy of these to another member for his viewing.I am very pleased with SP1 Beta it's running now on my RTM Ultimate copy.Thanks Microsoft I say Keep them coming.

have a great day everyone
regards
jeffrey

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
After you have installed it does Microsoft ask for any feedback? Have you informed them it fixed a problem but has slowed your boot-up?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's what I say. If it's for the good, keep them coming. I'm fortunate enough to be a TechNet member, which allows me to obtain evaluation copies of 7 (as well as other OS's & MS Office products) to test and try different programs out. Without screwing up my main install.

Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
After you have installed it does Microsoft ask for any feedback? Have you informed them it fixed a problem but has slowed your boot-up?
Yes, I have. Upon registering for the beta of SP1, I received an email, thanking me for participation, and providing a link for feedback. It is voluntary to give feedback, but you're asked to do so. It helps to produce a better product.

I do the same with FF 4.0 Beta 3, and with other beta products that I've used, or am using.

While MS can't personally respond to every response they receive, they say that all feedback is reviewed.

Cat

Ask a Question