Virtual PC - XP mode

Reaction score
After downloading and installing the update for Virtual PC i rebooted as asked and now i am locked out of my administrator account .

I have the option to log in on another account but it asks for a user name and password ? I didn't set up another account or set any passwords for any account.

I booted into safe mode then uninstalled Virtual PC and its updates but I'm still locked out of my account and still have another account showing on my login screen.

Any ideas please ?

Reaction score
That is really odd, anyway boot into safe mode. and there should be an account for administrator. click this, does it ask for password, it shouldnt do. providing you can get into the adminastrator account in safe mode, change the settings in control panel - user accounts.

Reaction score
I tried that .Then tried system restore but that didn't work because when i rebooted i had the same two accounts showing again but couldn't access either of them.

I could only access a guest account after i had set it up in safe mode.So i booted into Vista , formatted the drive & reinstalled :lol: wont be trying virtual PC again.

Thanks for trying to help.

Ask a Question