SOLVED Virgin Superhub & Buffalo Air Station router?

Reaction score
Until yesterday I had a Virgin cable modem for my broadband connection, as it only had one Cat5 output I ran it into a Buffalo WHR-G300N Air Station router in order to run the 2 PC's one Win7 OS, one WinXP OS and another cable which goes to my TV on my home network.
As I have just upgraded my broadband to 30Mb Virgin Media sent me a new hub ( Virgin Superhub) This hub has 4 Cat5 ports and I suppose I could disconnect the Air Station and run my 4 cables from the new Virgin hub but wanted to ask whether there is any reason to do this or not?. What I mean is, does either or both of these items give me any added security?. My PC is protected by Comodo CIS

Reaction score
Problem solved. As a default the virgin superhub installs as a router but after opening up the admin menu I had the option to reset it as a cable modem and again use my own router. At the time I wrote the op I had internet access on this pc but found out later on I had no access to my network as the default install stopped my router from working. Anyway it is fine now just to let anyone else interested know the solution.

Ask a Question