- Feb 9, 2010
- Reaction score
How do you post a youtube video? I've searched through the basic reply area and the advanced reply area....I can't seem to find out how.
1. Go to a website with a video you want to post, example: youtube
2. Copy the URL of that video from the browser address bar, example:
3. Paste the above URL into a text editor such as Notepad.( Delete the red part (the first & symbol and everything to the right of it).
You now have this:
4. In notepad type the video html tags. As a youtube video type it like this:
5. Copy the blue portion and paste it after the semi-colon in the first brackets, and copy the entire green/blue URL and paste it in between the two sets of brackets.
You will now have this:
Don't use any colours for the final result. Those are just put in here for emphasis
Here is one I have just posted elsewhere, using this method, but it doesn't seem to play on this particular site.
No you're not! Maybe just a wee amount of A.D.D.!Thanks every one....I'm a dumb ass.....
That particular bbcode is likely disabled. W8forums use a different software (XF) than W7forums which uses vBulletin, so some security concerns may affect one but not the other, meaning Ian may use slightly different configurations...A little curious, however, that the method worked on three other forums where I post, including our own Windows 8 site, but not here?
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.