video

Reaction score
How do you post a youtube video? I've searched through the basic reply area and the advanced reply area....I can't seem to find out how.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I think you copy and paste a link to a Youtube clip & it embeds it.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
This is just a [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]hNRcWk4NcgM[/MEDIA]"]test[/ame]

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I highlighted the word test, clicked on the Insert Link button, pasted the Youtube link, and posted...it embedded the clip automatically for me.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
1. Go to a website with a video you want to post, example: youtube
2. Copy the URL of that video from the browser address bar, example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BdpL_EATyc&feature=g-all-a&context=G2665ff7FAAAAAAAAE AA

3. Paste the above URL into a text editor such as Notepad.( Delete the red part (the first & symbol and everything to the right of it).

You now have this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BdpL_EATyc

4. In notepad type the video html tags. As a youtube video type it like this:
[.video=youtube;][/video.]

5. Copy the blue portion and paste it after the semi-colon in the first brackets, and copy the entire green/blue URL and paste it in between the two sets of brackets.

You will now have this:

[.video=youtube;1BdpL_EATyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BdpL_EATyc[/video]

Don't use any colours for the final result. Those are just put in here for emphasis

Here is one I have just posted elsewhere, using this method, but it doesn't seem to play on this particular site.

[video=youtube;1vzne0XWhyo]

There has to be and easier way add a video than this....every other forum has a video tab to click and you just paste it in....and it works...none of this nonsense..

Reaction score
I highlighted the word test, clicked on the Insert Link button, pasted the Youtube link, and posted...it embedded the clip automatically for me.

You'll have to show me...I cant find the word test anywhere...

What exactly did you copy and

Reaction score
Well after some cooling off...my apologizes for being rude....I figured it out....

Now that wasn't too hard...once I figured out to copy link in search bar at the top.

Thanks every one....I'm a dumb ass.....

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Thanks every one....I'm a dumb ass.....
No you're not! Maybe just a wee amount of A.D.D.!

I suffer from it... one time I walked around my apartment looking for my car keys about 20 minutes, then realized they were in my left hand! LMAO!

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
OK. I'll have to keep up to date. I have been using my outlined method since XP. Never even tried the copy link option. Thanks for the heads up Core!
I have deleted my previous post - I hate out of date material - lol

This video is really for Windows 8 - for first impression only. Don't comment or take it seriously!.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]1vzne0XWhyo[/MEDIA]"]Do You Use Windows 8 Like a Power User? - YouTube[/ame]

A little curious, however, that the method worked on three other forums where I post, including our own Windows 8 site, but not here?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, it should just be a case of pasting in the youtube link and all of the conversion is done automatically :).

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
A little curious, however, that the method worked on three other forums where I post, including our own Windows 8 site, but not here?
That particular bbcode is likely disabled. W8forums use a different software (XF) than W7forums which uses vBulletin, so some security concerns may affect one but not the other, meaning Ian may use slightly different configurations...

Reaction score
No you're not! Maybe just a wee amount of A.D.D.!

I suffer from it... one time I walked around my apartment looking for my car keys about 20 minutes, then realized they were in my left hand! LMAO!

Thanks Nibs...I feel much better now....:beer:

Ask a Question