variety of BSoDs that I am having trouble solving

Reaction score
Minidumps and CPU-Z output:
View attachment minidumps.zip

Tests:
I have used Windows Memory Diagnostics to check my memory for any problems, and that returned normal results.

I also ran a disk check which removed one file through the entire process (in stage 1/5). However, I am unsure if this is normal, or meaningful.

Notes:
- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) errors seem to be occurring when the computer is idle, usually immediately after a boot. Not all boots cause page faults.
- Firefox has shown some problems with flash lately that I have attributed to their new cycle of version releases. I may be wrong about the source, but the flash client has been crashing semi-frequently. This may or may not have any relevance to my BSODs, however.
- This is my first custom-built PC, so I believe the problem is user error or some sort, and more than likely something trivial. But, everything about my computer is running great. The only problem is the twice weekly BSoD that I seem to be receiving as of late.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
1. Is all of your software including Windows fully updated ? 2. Did you install the driver's for your hardware, from the cd-roms that came with each component ? Don't do that. Go to the hardware companies website and download the updated drivers and install them. The cd-rom in the hardware's box is almost always has outdated drivers.3. Open CPUz and click on the Memory tab. Now click on the SPD tab. The Memory tab's numbers should match one of the columns in the SPD tab. If they don't you need to change your bios's memory configuration to match one of the listings that are in the CPUz SPD tab's column.. After your done with those steps, go to this link and download CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner Do a Custom install and uncheck all the Google stuff it tries to install. Now open it up and click Registry and the Analyze. Let it remove any errors it finds and restart your computer. P.S. Update Adobe Flash Player fr IE and non-IE browsers. Also update Java. Then do yourself a favor and download Secunia PSI (Personal Software Inspector) from http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/ Install it and run it daily Mon-Sat. as those are when most software is updated. 5. Run Checkdisk on your C: drive. 6. Type cmd in Start Menu's search box right click on what appears first and click on Run As Administrator. Noe type this in the Command Prompt that opens up sfc /scannow and hit the enter key.

Last edited:

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Minidumps and CPU-Z output:
View attachment 3727

Tests:
I have used Windows Memory Diagnostics to check my memory for any problems, and that returned normal results.

I also ran a disk check which removed one file through the entire process (in stage 1/5). However, I am unsure if this is normal, or meaningful.

Notes:
- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) errors seem to be occurring when the computer is idle, usually immediately after a boot. Not all boots cause page faults.
- Firefox has shown some problems with flash lately that I have attributed to their new cycle of version releases. I may be wrong about the source, but the flash client has been crashing semi-frequently. This may or may not have any relevance to my BSODs, however.
- This is my first custom-built PC, so I believe the problem is user error or some sort, and more than likely something trivial. But, everything about my computer is running great. The only problem is the twice weekly BSoD that I seem to be receiving as of late.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Three obvious problems

1-Avast

I notice your avast which is often at least a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace your Avast with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

2-dtsoftbus01.sys. Related to dtsoftbus01.sys Virtual Bus Driver from DT Soft Ltd. remove it

3-DirectX. Shown in a few crashes. I would re-install it

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Reaction score
brkkab123:

1. Everything appears to be up-to-date
2. I was told to download drivers from the sites anyway, for the same reasons you listed
3. In the SPD tab (JEDEC #3 column), the only difference to the Memory tab is 668.9 MHz to 666 MHz. Is this acceptable? My first post has the printout for the CPU-Z output in the zip file if you want more specific information.
4. Installed, run, and rebooted for both programs. Fixed all changes they recommended.
5. I just finished that check earlier today. Checkdisk only removed one file in stage 1 of the check.
6. Output: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

zigzag3143:

1. Uninstalled avast and installed MSE. Ran quick scan and everything looks good. Does MSE also include a anti-malware service, or should I install an additional program for that as well?
2. How should I remove that?
3. When I attempted to install that file, it told me that an existing version is up-to-date and I don't need to install it. How should I go about uninstalling the previous version of directx to install the new one?

Thank you both very much for the help so far! I greatly appreciate it.

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
brkkab123:

1. Everything appears to be up-to-date
2. I was told to download drivers from the sites anyway, for the same reasons you listed
3. In the SPD tab (JEDEC #3 column), the only difference to the Memory tab is 668.9 MHz to 666 MHz. Is this acceptable? My first post has the printout for the CPU-Z output in the zip file if you want more specific information.
4. Installed, run, and rebooted for both programs. Fixed all changes they recommended.
5. I just finished that check earlier today. Checkdisk only removed one file in stage 1 of the check.
6. Output: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

zigzag3143:

1. Uninstalled avast and installed MSE. Ran quick scan and everything looks good. Does MSE also include a anti-malware service, or should I install an additional program for that as well? MSE is a fine lightweight malware app. Can be used by itself and certainly can be used to test
2. How should I remove that? That? the -dtsoftbus01.sys driver? remove the whole application from add/remove
3. When I attempted to install that file, it told me that an existing version is up-to-date and I don't need to install it. How should I go about uninstalling the previous version of directx to install the new one? Dont worry about directX yet.

Thank you both very much for the help so far! I greatly appreciate it.

See above. MSE and -dtsoftbus01.sys are the most important issues.

Reaction score
I'm not sure on the setting for the ram's MHz., but the other's that are listed in the SPD column need to be what the bios has. Also to be curious, when you configured your hard drive in the bios did youset it up a IDE or AHCI ? Most of the drives withing 2 made within yeards are AHCI capable which performs better. If you didn't originally have it set in the bios as AHCI before installing Windows, you'll need to do a search for it the registry hack to enable it. The hack needs to be applied first, then the bios setting changed by clicking on your specific hd in the bios and selected AHCI, then when you boot into Windows it aflash. There's a version for IE and a non-IE version for FF, Opera, etc. you need both versions.pplies the correct drivers and makes you restart the pc.As far as Firefox and Flash , there are 2 32 bit versions and 2 64 bit versions. 1 of each is for IE and then the other 2 are for non-ie browsers. Seeing as you use Firefox, you also need to install the non0IE version also. Here's the link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ . If you're running 64 bit Windows, also open up IE 64 bit and go to the same link to get 64 bit Flash for it. If you don't have Malwarebytes" installed go to http://www.malwarebytes.org, download, install it (opt out of trial for MB Pro0 and let it update itself. Restart your pc into Safe Mode by pressing F8 key during startup, select Safe Mode. In Safe Mode run a full scan with Malwarebytes and remove anything it finds.

Reaction score
zigzag3143:

I have completed the first two steps, but it appears that I cannot reinstall DirectX, as the installer identifies an existing version and aborts. But, it also appears that DirectX cannot be uninstalled. So I ran x64 dxdiag and it returned that there were no problems with my DirectX version. Do you know of any way to re-install DirectX so that I can reinstall it?

brkkab123:

I finished updating the things you have recommended. I'm about to enter BIOS to see if my drive is IDE or AHCI. But before "fixing" it, do you really recommend changing registry values to switch over? Is it something where I'll see a slight performance boost, or do you think it will solve my BSOD problem?

Reaction score
That's where I tried to install it from last time. Midway through the installation process, it aborted because it detected DirectX was already installed.

Is there a way to bypass that message?

Reaction score
OK, try this disable your antivirus and antispyware app's and try it. If that doesn't work re-enable them. Restart into Safe Mode, put your Windows dvd in your dvd drive, don't let it do anything. Click Start and type in CMd, right-click on the 1st one that comes up on the tope and click on Run As Administrator, type sfc /scannow and press the enter key. If that doesn't solve the issue it sounds like you're going to do another clean install. P.S. I'm not going to be aound for about 4 - 5 hour's. I've got an important dr's appt. and a few errand's I need to run,

Reaction score
I have done all of the tests that were mentioned in this thread, save for the clean install of Windows. I'd really like to avoid that option as long as possible.

I hope that my problem is fixed. I haven't had a BSOD since I started this thread, but I know that doesn't mean the situation is completely solved. Firefox earlier crashed today with no reason why, but that may also be an unrelated problem.

Usually (I don't know if this is coincidence or a real pattern) the BSOD occurs sometime over the weekend, and again Sunday morning shortly after I have booted my PC. If nothing happens this weekend, I will change this problem over to solved.

If I get another BSOD, I'll update this thread at a later date. Thank you again for your continued help. I hope the solution was one of the things you recommended.

Reaction score
Well leave it go. If you have another bsod, then do the clean install, as otherwise, they'll continue. Just remember this whole scenario and keep everything updated. Trust me, you'll have alot less headaches that way.

Reaction score
No BSOD yet. Issue seems to be at least somewhat fixed.

I'm going to mark this thread as solved. If anything else happens, I'll come back and bump this thread. But for now, I'm content with how things are working.

I gave thanks to both of you. Thank you again for your help in fixing the problems with my PC.

Ask a Question