turning off computer

Reaction score
O.K. thanks for not giving up on me. I did what you said. And get as far as Memory Management. And I do not have the key and clearpagefileat shutdown.. All I have as in your link -Default - Reg_sz (value not set. Nothing else. Now what?

Reaction score
O.K. thanks for not giving up on me. I did what you said. And get as far as Memory Management. And I do not have the key and clearpagefileat shutdown.. All I have as in your link -Default - Reg_sz (value not set. Nothing else. Now what?
Socko,you going to do,like i'm gonna to tell you ok?you must create the key if is no present on registry,so you do the next:

Go to memory management and right clic on it,then will open an small box,on the box choose NEW point the mouse on the small arrow,will open other small box and choose DWORD VALUE {32 bits} will open the key and on the blue area you gonna write like this:
ClearPageFileAtShutdown,then clic on the empty area and the key is done.restart your pc and see the results.
note:the names of the key you must write begins with big letter and the rest small letters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
O.K. I did that. Now I see I have TWO ClearPageFileAtShutdown lines. I checked both of them and they both are at 0. I reStarted and it seemed to work. But what about the two clearpagefilleatshutdown I have now? Or maybe it doesn't matter?? Let me know. Thanks, I will see if this continues to work.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What do you mean???
What he means is the search bar at the Start Orb is similar to the Run command.

Actually it isn't, if you need to do "Run" first then type it into the Search bar and you'll see it pop up in the upper part of the Menu then click on it do it.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Yes I know.

I was trying to determine if the OP new where to find the "run" box because he said he typed something into the search box and he shut down. I explained he could pin it to the right side of the start menu by going to properties and adding it and that it is not there by default. King 64 says it is.

I added it because it's easier for me to get there in 2 clicks than 1 click and typing 3 letters. I don't know, maybe they have laptops.

Anyway enough hijacking of this thread.

Reaction score
O.K. I did that. Now I see I have TWO ClearPageFileAtShutdown lines. I checked both of them and they both are at 0. I reStarted and it seemed to work. But what about the two clearpagefilleatshutdown I have now? Or maybe it doesn't matter?? Let me know. Thanks, I will see if this continues to work.
Socko,you said,that in your registry,wasn't there "ClearPageFileAtShutown" key so i've told you to make an new one,what you can do is deleting one of those 2, right clic on the key and delet it,close your registry and restart the system,then go back to the key on the registry again and see if is still there one of the 2 same keys you saw,with the value on "0".maby you have somme damaged files on your system,what you can do, is after that registry issue and restart the system clic on:

START
=ALL PROGRAMS=ACESSOIRES= right mouse clic on COMMANDPROMPT and open it as administrator,on the black box you gonna right this:
sfc /scannow, and hit enter,
let hem do the scanning t'ill the end and then restart your system again.and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes I know.

I was trying to determine if the OP new where to find the "run" box because he said he typed something into the search box and he shut down. I explained he could pin it to the right side of the start menu by going to properties and adding it and that it is not there by default. King 64 says it is.

I added it because it's easier for me to get there in 2 clicks than 1 click and typing 3 letters. I don't know, maybe they have laptops.

Anyway enough hijacking of this thread.
Yodap!! don't take me wrong,don't wanna create conflicts on this forum,what you said,you're completely right,what i meand was,when i normaly install windows,the RUN command is always there as the search box either,can happens in somme cases,we must go to the,start rigth clic,properties,and on taskbar tab choosing advanced button and then checking the run small box,and we're fine.
that's all,have a nice day.

Reaction score
O.K. King64 I deleted one of them. Re-started Looks I'm good to go. And that other thing - Before I didn't have any , then for some reason I ended up with two. Well it's o.k. now. And I thank you. You sure know the registry inside and out.

Reaction score
O.K. King64 I deleted one of them. Re-started Looks I'm good to go. And that other thing - Before I didn't have any , then for some reason I ended up with two. Well it's o.k. now. And I thank you. You sure know the registry inside and out.
Socko,i'm glad to hear that!!! if you want,just do the scan i told to you on the last post,just to be sure your system files are ok!! do it don't be afraid,nothing special will happens,it's just an normal routine.
the reason was i think,that you maybe have damaged files on your system,that's why i'm telling you to do the scan,and if the system detects something damaged,corrupt or wrong,the system will be turned back to normaly state.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
O.K. I did that. Scan got done and said Windows Resource Protection did not find any integerity violations... So Thanks again. I do have a question , how do I go about putting my machine specs under my name, like you have on yours? I went to that CP and typed in my specs . And hit paper clip, but nothing happened.

Reaction score
O.K. I did that. Scan got done and said Windows Resource Protection did not find any integerity violations... So Thanks again. I do have a question , how do I go about putting my machine specs under my name, like you have on yours? I went to that CP and typed in my specs . And hit paper clip, but nothing happened.
On the top of the forums page you'll see "USER CP" clic on it and opens another page,on the left side of the page you'll see "EDIT SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS"clic on it and opens other page,where you can write whatever you want scrolling the page t'ill down,and then clic on "SAVE CHANGES"that's all.

Reaction score
Help

Hey King 64, I have the same problem but when I change the value to "0" my computer shuts down in 14 seconds, which is great. After I re boot, my machine goes back to 4min,45sec shutdown and when I go back to the regestry, the value has changed back to "1". What am I doing wrong??

Reaction score
I have modified the following.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management}, then change the value of ClearPageFile at Shutdown to a 0 IF the value is 1.

This works once or twice, but after shut down in the evening when I start up in the morning the value is back to 1. Have you heard of this before?

Kind regards
Mike

Ask a Question