Trouble in Dell Land

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Thanks TG, just proves my point that DELL is not the company it "appears" to be.

When I worked for Fry's Electronics here in Austin, the tech repair department told me that the repairs on DELL computer outnumbered all other brands put together.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It certainly isn't the company it makes out to be, and they never have to be concerned with me buying another product with their name on it. Knowingly replacing faulty parts with a new faulty part is underhanded, to say the least.

Cat

Reaction score
They still advertise heavily here and most of our work computers are Dells. They all seem to be ok.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
They advertise heavily here, too. At least once every two weeks or so, I get their flyer, several pages of cheap notebooks & PC's. An entire PC, monitor and all, for $449 US dollars, is just too cheap for my preferences. Even the ones that were higher in price didn't really have impressive specs. Not a single system offered had 7 Pro installed, and only one had 6GB RAM. That one happened to be the only one with the i7 (quad) processor, most of the rest had i3's (or less).

Dell has always been known for pushing cheap computers, but at one time they had more of the good ones in the mix, too. Especially their Latitudes, for many years, their flagship notebook. Everyone doesn't want the cheapest there is. By their ads, they're trying their best to be the king of the elcheapo computer empire.

As for me, I'd rather take my chances on a Compaq (a lower cost HP brand) than to buy Dell again. In addition to their quality & legal issues, they have simply made themselves a bad name in this area. I doubt that Michael Dell could walk the streets around here without bodyguards.

Honesty and quality still means something to many of us, traits that Dell lost a long time ago.

Cat

Ask a Question