Thomson TG784

Reaction score
Does anyone have that router?

I'm using Windows 7 RC x64 and i can't seem to connect to it. It says something like "there could be a security mismatch" i'm sorry i don't completely remember what it said.

Perhaps someone had a similar problem and found a fix. Fast reply would be helpful :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How are you connecting to the router (wireless/wired?) and do you have any security set up on it (MAC filtering, WEP/WPA/WPA2?) :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you temporarily disable security can you connect ok? (I'm assuming the security key you entered is correct and that you've re-tried it just in case).

Reaction score
I've tried it many times, and i don't think it's possible to disable security =/

Reaction score
I can't remove the password, there's no option to do so on this Thomson router :(

Reaction score
There should be a reset button that removes all passwords and restores the Router to factory defaults. You may then setup the router from scratch with new passwords and ISP logins.

Thomson TG784 Router Reset.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a router + modem in 1 straight from the ISP, factory defaults = password and there's no way i can remove it, sadly :(

edit: to prove it i've already reset it 3 times and there's no difference at all :)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
In that case I'm not sure what the problem could be - does it connect fine with Vista or XP, and are your using the latest wireless card drives?

Reaction score
Yea, connects just fine on Vista.

And yes, i'm using the latest wireless drives. (I'm actually using one of those USB wireless thingys)

Ask a Question