The startup Menue n task bar.

Reaction score
Hello all:
I thank all of you very much in advance for the help in regards to the below. On
the windows 7 machine which I have I am trying to not have a lot of the programs
which are checked to start to do so unless necessary. Below is my list just in case
any of you could please give me a hand. this is a hp machine.
1. hp media smart smart menue.
2. hpsysdrv apt.
3 hpwuschd.
those are it and again they may be all necessary i just want to make sure.
also I wanted to ask on the taskbar I have
1. hp advisor
2 hp media smart
Is there a way not to have them on the taskbar? or is that where they suppose to
be on?
Ok, thank you all for the help.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi elf_boy

I know hpwuschd = "HP software update" and is not required to run at start up. they all look like HP software (i stress look like) you could go into msconfig > startup and untick one by one if there showing (stop them starting) and if you find you do need them you can enable them again.

Reaction score
Use a program to remove them from startup completely instead of simply disabling them if you choose too.

I know of 3 programs that will remove Startup Entries. They will also do much more as well. I have not had any problems running any of the features from these three programs for Windows 7 32-Bit and 64-Bit. CCleaner would be your best bet though. RegSeeker and EasyCleaner even though they still work, it appears product support has been dropped.
  1. CCleaner
  2. RegSeeker
  3. EasyCleaner

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Used RegSeeker from Hoverdesk before, very good app and its standalone (no need to install) its very configurable.

Ask a Question