The biggest Pirate of Windows 7 revealed!

Reaction score
You should have posted that link in your first post. Simple forum etiquette.

By the way, welcome!
my fault...i'm sorry...it was my first post in this forum...ok ill take care in future.thanks

Reaction score
I think Microsoft wants pirates...they want them to sell more and more pirated copies of windows so that every one get used to their operating system and in the end they want a generation of people who only knows windows and no other Os like Mac or Linux.After that they will come up with a new OS which can not be pirated....just take the case of Kaspersky- they have a market share of more than 45% yet pirated copies do not work for more than 10 days, they are so aggressive they can or will block pirated keys. My point is that it is not so difficult to create an Os which can actually prevent users from using pirated copies and the main aim of Microsoft is not to prevent piracy but to prevent other companies from making better Os than Windows.So guys let other companies flourish, give them your support by using their product( i mean linux or mac).lets hope for a better tomorrow where every one has a birth right to use technology with out paying huge some of money
LOL, dude Linux IS already better then windows 7, there is no point of installing windows 7 let alone steal it. That said, Microsoft wants you to pay for pretty much everything and would never condone or endorse pirating. Windows 7 does have it's place, but I don't think it is a real replacement for it's best OS which is, of course, Windows XP. Everything you said is just not logical. Many people are coming to know about Linux everyday as a practical OS. I do have a legal copy of windows 7 installed on my computer however too help me troubleshoot w7forum users and my company customers incidents.
Windows 7 is okay I guess, but if you are not willing to pay for it then Linux or Windows XP are the only other options in my opinion.

Reaction score
ehhh

Linux is better if you like doing everything from shell prompt.

Those who know me know I'm not shy of using commands. I just think it's senseless and pointless for the most part when there is Windows where video games can actually be played too.

Reaction score
ehhh

Linux is better if you like doing everything from shell prompt.

Those who know me know I'm not shy of using commands. I just think it's senseless and pointless for the most part when there is Windows where video games can actually be played too.
You can do everything Windows can do and More with Linux, I can play any Windows game on my Linux distro. Also about your ignorant comment regarding Linux as shell only, Linux has migrated towards using Desktop Environments that are easier and more useful then the Windows Desktop. Don't make excuses for yourself not to use Linux, because everyday you have fewer and fewer :) But lets not fight, at least not this second I don't have the time or energy to argue today. Retort as you may in any manner you wish, but facts are facts.

Reaction score
No fighting. I downloaded the latest Ubuntu beta a few days ago and plan to install soon. I've used many variants of Linux before.

I personally think Win7 is by far the fastest and most reliable OS ever created.

There isn't a single thing Linux can do that I can't with Windows. Well, besides perhaps hacking hidden SSIDs but I don't do that anyhow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No fighting. I downloaded the latest Ubuntu beta a few days ago and plan to install soon. I've used many variants of Linux before.

I personally think Win7 is by far the fastest and most reliable OS ever created.

There isn't a single thing Linux can do that I can't with Windows. Well, besides perhaps hacking hidden SSIDs but I don't do that anyhow.
Only noobs use Linux for hacking :p But a different OS for different ppl so idk man. If Windows 7 works the best for you, then by all means use it. As for my opinion on Windows most stable and fastest operating system, personally I think that award goes to XP

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I think Microsoft wants pirates...they want them to sell more and more pirated copies of windows so that every one get used to their operating system and in the end they want a generation of people who only knows windows and no other Os like Mac or Linux.After that they will come up with a new OS which can not be pirated....just take the case of Kaspersky- they have a market share of more than 45% yet pirated copies do not work for more than 10 days, they are so aggressive they can or will block pirated keys. My point is that it is not so difficult to create an Os which can actually prevent users from using pirated copies and the main aim of Microsoft is not to prevent piracy but to prevent other companies from making better Os than Windows.So guys let other companies flourish, give them your support by using their product( i mean linux or mac).lets hope for a better tomorrow where every one has a birth right to use technology with out paying huge some of money
Let me begin with this, I feel that everyone has a right to his/her opinion, and should have the right to express it. That being said, this opinion makes no since to me at all. M$ doesn't want pirates, period. They have an enormous amount of cash & resources into every OS & Office package that's released. Going as far back as 2006, M$'s fight against piracy went public, against much opposition, but in the end, they won their legal battle over it.

More recently, there was an voluntary update (KB971033) that once installed, "phones home" every so often. While at the current time, it is indeed voluntary, come time for SP1 to be released, if you accept the SP, it'll install anyway. By the time the next Windows is released, the voluntary part will be over, it'll be built into the OS.

As far as the other choices that you mention (Linux & Mac), it costs a small fortune just to get a 13 inch MacBook Pro. Apple Mac's are the most expensive computers that the everyday user can buy. So I don't see supporting them will give us a better tomorrow, it'll give us a broke tomorrow.

Linux, on the other hand, is currently free (with a few exceptions), and while the OS's are "free", it's not everyone's cup of tea. Yes, I use it on occasion, but there is a hell of a learning curve, if you're a lifetime Windows user, and you try to learn Linux. More than most are willing to take on.

As far as your opinion of having the birthright to use technology at a greatly reduced price, forget it. Technology is not a birthright, no matter how you attempt to justify it. I believe that draceena did a good job of describing your birthrights.

Technology is a privilege, one that must be paid for, not a birthright. You do have the right to use technology, as long as you pay for the use of it.

If we want to open a discussion on what rights we should have a the time of your birth, I'm positive that the list would get very long, very fast. But it would be pointless, and a waste of our time.

It's also purely fantasy.

Cat

Reaction score
It's the human races catch phrase of the 21st centurary. Birthright.
It's about time we concentrated on Birth Responsibility.

Not to breed like flies.
Not to keep making war on each other
Not to use the planet like our own personal free supermarket and rubbish bin at the same time.
Not to exploit every other living thing on the planet, even each other.

Of course that will never happen as the human race is too intrinsically selfish.

That's my rant, this is a computer forum. Lets get back to talking computers.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
That link is to an article that is 3-1/2 years old now.

I believe the point is moot by now. Jeff Raikes who made those statements is now the CEO of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, so he's completely out of the loop regarding the workings of MS. He retired from Microsoft in September 2008

MS has a propensity to change their minds regarding such things.

Ask a Question