Temporary freezes

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using Windows 7 for about 8 months now and I love it. But one thing really annoyes me.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, I can be on internet, listening to music on Zune, watching a movie on media player... or even doing nothing, my computer kinda freezes for a temporary amount of time. It can be from like 10 seconds to about 2-3 minutes.

In this time, I can absolutely not do anything, nothing will work. If I am on internet, and I try to load a page, it will juste keep loading for like 2 minutes and then the computer will make some different 'noise' and the freeze will be over... If I am watching a movie or something, it will juste freeze and resume later....

I was on XP before and it did not do that

Could anyone help me? Is there a solution for that?

I have a toshiba Tecra A7 I think.

It is an Intel Core2Duo [email protected] with 3 gig of ram...

Thank you

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Only thing I can do is to suggest you have installed all of the latest hardware drivers for the laptop, and updated your graphics drivers as well.

It could also be an OS issue (a couple updates fixed bugs like this), so make sure your OS is fully up to date with all recommended updates. It could also be a problem with anti-virus or anti-spyware software... with a vague issue like this it's hard to know where to start.

Does anything show up in the task manager as using most of the CPU when this occurs?

Ask a Question