system restore?

Reaction score
Still no restore for me. I create one and the next day it's gone. Anyway , now have a new problem since I've been working the restore. I have not Task manager anymore. Hit ctrl, Alt & Delete and the window appears , but it is all white. Nothing in it. Should I start a new thread on that issue???

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I've used Macrium Free for about 3 years. Back then they had problems in that every time they updated the version, your old images would not work any more and neither would your recovery disc. I found out the hard way. I hope they have addressed this issue by now. I know that they recently had an update so someone should check this out.
Yes, they have addressed the issue. Plus if you save the backup as an "XML" format it will be recognized with future versions.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Still no restore for me. I create one and the next day it's gone. Anyway , now have a new problem since I've been working the restore. I have not Task manager anymore. Hit ctrl, Alt & Delete and the window appears , but it is all white. Nothing in it. Should I start a new thread on that issue???
Sounds like you have some registry issues going on here.

Reaction score
O.K. thanks, Looks like I have to start over and reinstall Win 7. ...

Reaction score
This time on the reinstall of windows 7, I would back up and save any and every thing you want. Then do a clean install instead of an upgrade. This will erase your hard drive and format it and rewrite it for windows 7 installation.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm glad they have, because I depend on Macrium as my backup source on my older OS's. It never made since that because of an update, the backup was no good. I'll redo them as "XML" formats. On Windows 7, the included one is fine, although a little slower. It's the best backup program that Windows has offered to date.

Last edited:

Ask a Question