Suspicious incoming network connection blocked.

Reaction score
After the recent attempted attack by scammers I was advised to install the BT Free Anti Virus from McAfee BT Virus Protect.
The first full scan took over 12 hours which really teed me off. A darned good job I had another laptop to use.
This scan revealed three PUPs which I knew about so basically it was clean and no real surprises.
The only other thing was that there were 21 Suspicious incoming network connections blocked.
9 of these were from my own home network so no surprises there.
This left 12 suspicious connections trying to connect to my PC without permission.
1 Was Pay Pal, 3 were Microsoft 1 was Akamai International BV, 1 was Edgecast, and another 3 for Amazon all with different ip addresses.
These I expect in one way because I use Amazon, and Microsoft you expect, Edgecast and Akamai are expected as content providers but
3 were to this address below which if you went to it just shows a page with "helo" on it and nothing else as a unsecured site.
searching for this it is linked to hd3d.photosed.net which brings up the page just with "helo" on it.

IP location database updated on Feb 22, 2021 5:26 PM
IP Address 144.76.96.216
Reverse DNS / Hostname / PTR hd3d.photosed.net
City Falkenstein
Region Saxony
Country Germany Germany (DE)
Organization / ISP Hetzner Online GmbH
Latitude / Longitude 50.4777, 12.3649
Zipcode / Postcode 08223
TimeZone Europe/Berlin (+0100)
Calling Code +49
Currency EUR
Languages de
ASN AS24940

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

I do have some Ashampoo software on the laptop which is German, perhaps it is to do with that but I can't find any association with it.
I think I have just answered my own question, I googled Hetzner Online GmbH and found that they are also a web hosting company, so they are like Akamai and Edgecast.

This is on a laptop running W7 Ultimate 64 bit

Ask a Question