Superbar customisation?

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to change the COLOUR of opened items or msn flashes. Its orange, I know it was possible to change its colour in XP, and I never really tried it with Vista. It looks like this:

Its the same for anything you open and then switch to another window, its just most commonly seen on msn and the like.

Any ideas on how you could change the colour? Orange isnt really my thing..

Reaction score
I'm thinking it is only orange when the status of the window changes. Say for instance when you recieve a new message it will flash orange to let you know there is something new about the windows. In other words something has changed and its not the same as when you left it. Installers when completed may do the samething.

As far as how to change the color. I am not aware of anyway. Perhapes someone else here will know the answer.

Reaction score
I'm thinking it is only orange when the status of the window changes. Say for instance when you recieve a new message it will flash orange to let you know there is something new about the windows. In other words something has changed and its not the same as when you left it. Installers when completed may do the samething.

As far as how to change the color. I am not aware of anyway. Perhapes someone else here will know the answer.

Yeah thats what I was getting to, the status changing....
Im willing to bet either Thrax or Kougar will know

Reaction score
Have you tried Right clicking on the Desktop and selecting Personalise?

Look to the bottom of the new windows and click on "Window Colour" There is also an option to choose "Colour Mixer"

I did this and my bar flashes different colour to the default.

Hope this is useful?

Reaction score
Have you tried Right clicking on the Desktop and selecting Personalise?

Look to the bottom of the new windows and click on "Window Colour" There is also an option to choose "Colour Mixer"

I did this and my bar flashes different colour to the default.

Hope this is useful?

Nope, changed the mixer to slightly blue, still flashes orange. hmmmmm

Ask a Question