Startup blank screen

Reaction score
I've installed Windows Ultimate 7 64-bit on my inspiron 1545. at first it worked properly but after installing drivers and some softwares (directx...) and restarting after please wait.... nothin! a black blank (!) screen instead of deskto. windows does not start untill i enter task manager and open explorer.exe as a new task.
anyone got any idea to fix this problem(to windows starts on his own...not with my help!)!?!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does Windows boot correctly in safe mode?

I'd try doing a system restore and roll back to when it was working, then install the software/drivers in batches and restart after each group. Then, you'll be able to narrow down what causes the problem if it happens again.

Reaction score
Make sure to ...

Do a System Restore back to before problem existed. Then as the other forum member suggested re-install each driver and software individually. Make sure before installing each one to right click on Computer after clicking on the Start orb, select Properties, click on it, select System Protection on left. Click on Create in the next window and name it after whatever software or driver you are installing. This is how you create a Restore Point. When the problem happens again. use System Resore to roll it back. Then contact support at which ever software or hardware's driver is giving you the issue and find out if they have a fix for it.
I've installed Windows Ultimate 7 64-bit on my inspiron 1545. at first it worked properly but after installing drivers and some softwares (directx...) and restarting after please wait.... nothin! a black blank (!) screen instead of deskto. windows does not start untill i enter task manager and open explorer.exe as a new task.
anyone got any idea to fix this problem(to windows starts on his own...not with my help!)!?!

Ask a Question