"Standby" does not shut down anymore

Reaction score
Thank you anyway Trainable:). I am puzzled as to why my ACPI options could not be put to S3&S1 as you say should be available.

I uninstalled AVG and ran it for awhile, left it all for an hour after shutting down and restarting but no change. So frustrating. :mad:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Thank you anyway Trainable:). I am puzzled as to why my ACPI options could not be put to S3&S1 as you say should be available.
Not all motherboards support ACPI the same. Some don't support it at all.
It's also possible that there could be a BIOS update for your motherboard that would give you more options.

But you said it used to work so that means it's possible with the options you have now so it's a matter of figuring out what has changed and putting it back. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Reaction score
Win7 Sleeping

Had this problem 2 years ago when first installing Win7 64bit..You could try some of my ploys which finally worked for me....
1. Ingnore Win7 telling your mouse and keyboard drivers are upto date and go to the manufactuers website and download the newest drivers and make sure they are installed.

2. Go to Device Manager/Keyboard/ click on the little dash beside "Keyboard" and your keyboard will come up/ right click on this/ click on "Properties" / click on "Power Management" and untick "Alow this Decice to wake Computer"

3. Leave Mouse ticked.

This worked for me ..Good Luck

Reaction score
Thanks ronpeck
1. went online and it seems my drivers are up to date. The keyboard and mouse are about 10yrs old.

2. Device Manager/Keyboard was already unticked at "allow this ....
3. Left Mouse as ticked.

I am not experienced at driver downloads but from what I could find online, my computer says these two items have up to date drivers.

Thanks very much for your effort to help me. Patti

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
If you have a standard keyboard with no extra features the drivers are supplied by Microsoft, same for your mouse.

If you're using specialized keyboard or mouse such as a Logitech then the drivers need to come from that website.

What make and model are your keyboard and mouse? That info will help.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This has been a problem since the beginning of Windows, though I think Windows 7 is better than previous versions.

My system is set for hybrid mode and often, if I have to reboot for an update or something, my system does not go to sleep properly after that. I typically have to do one or two things, then hybrid/sleep mode will work for weeks on end with no problems.

The first thing I do is change the plan settings to put the computer to sleep, hit save changes, then change the settings back and hit save changes again. This usually works, but if not, then I reboot and typically, I am good after that.

For the record, I use MSE.

Reaction score
Thanks Nibiru. I have a HID complian mouse ver 6.1.7600.16385.
I looked for it online but cannot find one except from a company wanting to charge.

My keyboard is a ACK-540 mini. Ver 6.1.7601.17514. Looked for it also but could not find. It is a standard PS2 keyboard. Pluged in to keyboard point.

I use W7 Ultimate.

Ask a Question