SSD Hard Drive acting strange

Reaction score
ahhh man, well no can do then. I can't lose everything now, I have too much work on, and re-installing everything would be about a 3 week job.

Reaction score
Okay hi friends. I have some news to report. Through trying to explain some things to people on a firefox forum, I got so frustrated that I could not explain to them the difference between manually installed add-ons and extensions that are installed without my knowledge when I install some software.

So I got pissed off and just started disabling add-ons and extensions. I made some decisions about what I really needed, I got rid off as much as I could. I also took a friends suggestion of switching from AVG Free to Avast Free. He said it took less memory and didn't clog down the system as much.

These screenshots are of the add-ons & extensions I had in my firefox before yesterday.

These are the add-ons & extensions that I have in my firefox currently.

I've been going to some websites for my work that have a ton of flash, animations, videos, on demand training videos, just heavy load websites, and my Firefox is no longer freezing or lagging. I'm not sure what to say, which of the extensions was causing the trouble? I have no clue.

And I have done a couple of things that I posted previously in this thread, I believe it was disabling the pagefile... and something else.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions

Reaction score
Yup that worked 100%. I don't know which of those add-ons did the trick, but getting rid of quite a few of them made my FF work like it should.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out. As you probably figured out by now, it was all the junk in the Firefox browser you had selected that caused the issues.

I have about 25% of add-ons and extensions versus what you have in my FF browser.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Actually, for problem solving, it would be worth having, as part of a fault finding kit, a stripped down web browser.

Ask a Question