speedtest

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That is a really cool & up to date looking site. The things that can be done with today's technologies are awesome.

Thanks for showing us the updated site.:top:

Cat

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very snazzy!

It looks like there are quite a few more UK server locations since last time I looked - 19 in total now over such a small area.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I like the look of the new SpeedTest web site. Thanks for the heads up BF!

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Now we know the truth... Kalario resides in Iowa! Therefore we request your best recipe for "Loose Meat Sandwiches".

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Try a server from Beantown so Nibs can have some of those baked natural gas producers.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Is that good? :D
That's awesome! Nearly twice my speed.

Yesterday, I got an email from Time Warner (my ISP), they're offering a new package that offers 5x the speed (50MB/sec) of their current Turbo (10MB/sec) service. Currently, I have the tier below that, it's fast, but that new offering looks very good.

If, and let me repeat IF, I can afford it, I may bite the bullet and take it. But if it's $100 monthly, no. I'll keep what I have. My download speeds average around 1.2MB/sec (w/no DM), it may not set the woods on fire, but for $34.95 monthly (taxes included) I can't complain. AT&T doesn't come close, and the cell providers (even the 4G ones) don't either. Plus the usage cap would nail me within the first week of the billing cycle.

Cat

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
EWWWWWWWWW.

That looks terrible! And FLASH?! What were they thinking?!
There previous design looked MUCH better.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Now we know the truth... Kalario resides in Iowa! Therefore we request your best recipe for "Loose Meat Sandwiches".

Sorry Nibs, I reside in beantown. This connection is at work with a T1. That's why it's that good.

I can get you a clam chowdah recipe instead. :D

Reaction score
I love this new design. It's too bad they don't have any test servers that are actually in my state. Oh well.

Charter still sucks more than I can explain. I have never reached a download speed for more than 1.2 megs, and the football (soccer for Americans) games that I download from my hometown in Ukraine are hosted on T1 or faster, their tests always show 25-40meg upload, and they are dedicated servers.

And upload sucks on Charter, it takes me forever to send files to my friends and family.

But living in MN, I don't get any options.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Sorry Nibs, I reside in beantown. This connection is at work with a T1. That's why it's that good.

I can get you a clam chowdah recipe instead. :D
I love a good clam chowder... although I do like Manhattan-Style better than New England-Style to be honest. But if you have a good one I'll check it out.

Go get in the cah, to drive to the bah, to have beeh! LOL!

My direct ancestor is buried in Boston's King's Chapel Burying Ground. He was a Puritan and also wrote a famous catechism entitled: Milk For Babes.

Ask a Question